On the Campaign Trail
- THE MASS MEDIA AND CHANGES IN ADOLESCENTS' POLITICAL KNOWLEDGE DURING AN ELECTION CYCLE. Conway, M. Margaret; Ahern, David; Wyckoff, Mikel L. // Political Behavior;1981, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p69
Two questions are considered: to what extent do children's levels of political knowledge and news media use change during an election campaign? To what extent are levels of political knowledge related to levels and types of news media use? The hypothesis that news media use at one point in time...
- Kid Action! // Weekly Reader News - Edition 4;9/24/2004, Vol. 86 Issue 3, p6
The article emphasizes on the role of kids in the electioneering process. Eleven year old Lily Thorpe from Grand Junction, Colorado is showing kids that they really can make a difference in politics even though they may not be old enough to vote yet. She has started an organization called Kids...
- When Young Kids are 'Donors.'. Falwell, Jonathan // Politics (Campaigns & Elections);Oct2008, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p44
The author offers opinion on issues related to political campaigns in the U.S. He implies that a donation should not be made in the name of a child in order to bypass federal election law. He asserts that the details of a secret kept by a young campaign staffer will determine if his or her...
- Electing a President. Greenberg, Glenn // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;2/9/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 15, p2
Reports on the race for presidential election in the U.S. as of February 9, 2004.
- Poor Turnout In Kosovan Elections. // Emerging Europe Monitor: South East Europe Monitor;Dec2002, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the election results in Kosovo, Serbia for the province's local councils seats held on October 25, 2002. Percentage of voters participated in elections; Role played by the United Nation's administration in elections; Boycott of the earlier local elections by Serbs.
- Plus ï¿½a Change &hellipi;. // Emerging Europe Monitor: South East Europe Monitor;Dec2002, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p8
Reports on presidential elections in Serbia and Montenegro province of Yugoslavia and enthusiasm among voters for elections. Voter turnout in earlier elections; Candidates for the presidential elections; Popularity of political parties in elections.
- Recent Action in the Congress. // Congressional Digest;Aug/Sep88, Vol. 67 Issue 8/9, p201
The high cost of Congressional elections and prominent role played by political action committees (PACs) led Congress to consider changes to the Federal campaign finance law. Discusses House action; Senate action on the `Senatorial Election Campaign Act of 1987.'
- Proposed `Senatorial Election Campaign Act.' // Congressional Digest;Aug/Sep88, Vol. 67 Issue 8/9, p199
Gives the text of the `Senatorial Election Campaign Act of 1987.'
- Texas parties vie for family-values title. Pendleton, Scott // Christian Science Monitor;6/15/95, Vol. 87 Issue 140, p3
Reports the stressing on family values by the Democrats to grab votes in the 1996 elections in Texas. Allegation made by the Republicans.