Small Soft Starters
- What's new in...air starters. // Fleet Owner;Aug96, Vol. 91 Issue 8, p98
Discusses the advantages of using air starters in trucks instead of electric starters. Air starters' contribution to weight savings and longevity; Elimination of spark hazards for flammable materials; Air starting systems from Ingersoll-Rand and Tech Development Incorporated.
- The nearly lost art of the kickstart. Egan, Peter // Cycle World;Dec98, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p14
Focuses on kickstarting a bike. Motorcycles with both kick and electric starting; Reflections on the value of kickstarting.
- M109-, M992-series starter. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;May96, Issue 522, p21
Differentiates the NSN 2920-01-075-2813 starter-type with the NSN 2920-11-304-3493, the starter used for the M109-series SP howitzer and M992-series ammo carrier.
- Test Your Motor Control IQ. Baran, Larry // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Dec99, Vol. 98 Issue 13, p42
Presents a quiz to test one's knowledge of across-the-line motor starter with `on-delay, one-shot' circuitry. Conditions; Answers.
- Chapter Nine -- Electrical System -- Starter Circuit Relay. Scott, Ed; Wright, Ron; Morlan, Michael; Parise, George; Bogart, Jay // Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic, Classic LT & Custom, 2006-2013;2013, p237
The article presents a definition of a starter circuit relay.
- COLD STORAGE, PART TWO. BAILEY, A. // American Iron Magazine;Mar2011, Issue 270, p34
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Cold Storage" in the June 2010 issue.
- Look for missing gasket. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Nov95, Issue 516, p23
Points out the function of starter gaskets in preventing frozen starters in combat vehicles. Freezing of water that gets inside the starter.
- Don't Forget the Gasket. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Nov2000, Issue 576, p19
Offers reminders to auto mechanics in ensuring that the starter gasket of combat vehicles is in place. Role of missing gaskets in freezing-up starters.
- Stray starter relay. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;May96, Issue 522, p25
Describes how to prevent starting problems in small emplacement excavator (SEE) military vehicles. Voltage differences of starter relay modules; Making sure that modules are 24 volts.