Literacy research in the next millennium: From paradigms to pragmatism and practicality
- A (SUBOPTIMIZED) ISLAND IN THE SUN OR HOW NOT TO OPTIMIZE EDUCATION IN THE THIRD WORLD. Woolsey, Gene // Interfaces;Feb82, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p6
This article focuses on the practical application of programming formulation on education forecasting in developing countries. A few years ago the author received a two-page, single-spaced, duplicated form letter from a young professor at a university in a third-world country. In it he confessed...
- seen & heard the impact of 21st century literacy skills. Darby, Nicola // English in Aotearoa;Oct2011, Issue 75, p23
The article presents the author's views regarding the impact of media technology on literacy skills of students in the 21st century. She states that 21st century literacy education should begin with developing the skills necessary for Internet generation students to critically de-code and give...
- Projections of education statistics to 2006. // Hispanic Times Magazine;Mar/Apr1997, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p33
Presents projections on education trends in the United States. Includes enrollment in elementary and secondary education; Public-teacher ratio; Educational expenditures; Statistics on higher education; Sex and age of students; Degrees earned.
- Education newswatch. // Teaching Pre K-8;Feb96, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p12
Presents information on educational related news. Schedule date of National Engineers Week in 1996; Sponsored by Society of Manufacturing Engineers; Creation of `Kids on the Internet' by Futurekids. INSET: Grant notices..
- Education. // Futurist;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 28 Issue 6, Outlook '95 p3
Presents forecasts on education for 1995 and beyond. Police to be on duty at more schools in the future; Use of alternative methods in education that emphasize more individualized attention; Addition of genetic ethics in the curricula; Preservation of native cultures by interactive videodisc...
- Looking at the year ahead in education. Riley, Richard W. // South Carolina Business Journal;Apr94, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p4
Presents an outlook on education for 1994. Achievement in 1993; Key features of the Clinton administration's Goals 2000: Educate America Act; Educational laws; Opportunities and challenges.
- Smart machines, smarter people the future calls for education! // Career World;Dec89, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p11
Discusses the 21st century's educational demands, which will require more than just a basic education, and six hot careers for the future, including biotechnology, technical sales and marketing, nursing and others.
- Content magic quadrant. Lundy, James // e.learning age;Mar2003, p28
Analyzes the performance of electronic-learning content market in Great Britain in 2003. Demand for custom content; Characteristics of electronic-learning content providers; Outlook on electronic learning.
- The bottom line. // NEA Today;Mar97, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p8
Reports news about United States teachers, students and education in general. Survey about college freshmen grades in University of California Los Angeles (UCLA); Plan of the United States government to cut or rebate school spending in 1997; Sick leave needed by American families to care for...