Section 8. Nuclear Energy
- Nuclear Electric Power. // Annual Energy Review;Jun2009, preceding p1
Several graphs are presented that depict the condition of the nuclear electric power industry in the U.S. from 1957 to 2007 including the number of nuclear operable units, the nuclear net capacity factor, and the nuclear share of net generation.
- Nuclear Energy. // Monthly Energy Review;Jan2012, p113
Several charts depicting the nuclear energy industry in the U.S. from 1973 to 2011 are presented including the number of nuclear power plants, the electricity generated from nuclear energy and the monthly capacity factor of the industry.
- Nuclear negotiations a dangerous game? // Overdrive;Dec2013, Vol. 53 Issue 12, p10
A pie chart is presented which depicts percentage of Americans who want Iran to continue the development of nuclear power without international sanctions.
- World's Nuclear Giants. // Forbes Asia;Apr2011, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p18
A chart is presented on the number of nuclear power plants in various countries which include 104 in the U.S., 58 in France, and 17 in Germany.
- Seven days: 12-18 July 2013. // Nature;7/18/2013, Vol. 499 Issue 7458, p258
The article presents news briefs across the world as of July 2013 including European countries decision to stop biofuel production, information on an upcoming European Microbiologists conference on viral ecology on July 21-25, 2013 and statistics on Nuclear Power Plants operations in 2012.
- CG/LA Strategic Top 100 Infrastructure Projects Globally. // American Journal of Transportation;9/8/2014, Issue 587, p16
A chart is presented that list the top 100 infrastructure projects of CG/LA Infrastructure Inc. which include the Bahrain International Airport Expansion, the Upper Tamakoshi Hydroelectric Project and the Sinop Nuclear Power Plant.
- Chapter 9. Nuclear Energy. // Annual Energy Review;Sep2012, p269
The article provides an overview concerning nuclear energy production and consumption in the U.S. from 1949-2011. It offers information on nuclear net summer capacity change, permanent shutdowns, and status of all nuclear generating units in the country. Several charts and graphs are presented...
- Nuclear Options. // MIT Technology Review;May/Jun2014, Vol. 117 Issue 3, p16
The article presents a chart on the megawatts of nuclear capacity under construction and planned, along with the percentage increase planned compared with current capacity in countries including China, the U.S. and Russia as of 2014.
- Section 8: Nuclear Energy. // Monthly Energy Review;May2010, p111
The article offers information on nuclear energy. It says that an operable nuclear reactor the one that possessed a complete-power license from the Nuclear Regulatory Commission. It discusses two types of nuclear capacity ratings such as the net summer capacity and net design electrical rating...