World War II television shows
- HISTORY. // Advertising Age;5/2/2011, Vol. 82 Issue 18, pC34
The article, part of a special advertising section, focuses on the cable television network History Channel. The network's strong overall ratings in 2010 are considered and largely attributed to its programming of reality television programs including "Pawn Stars," "American Pickers" and "Ice...
- Lifetime Diginet Bows with Docu-Style Look. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;7/23/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p48
Reports on Lifetime Television's launching of Lifetime Real Women documentary television program. On-air spots featuring women's tales as told to documentary producers Optic Nerve; Stories collected by Optic Nerve.
- 'History' Won't Make Any. Richmond, Ray // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;8/7/2001, Vol. 369 Issue 23, p14
Features the weekly documentary cable television program of History Channel billed as 'History vs. Hollywood.' Concept of the TV show; Future episodes of the show.
- Classic documentaries. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/13/97, Vol. 127 Issue 42, p18
Reports on Classic Sports Network's plan to debut the four-part original documentary series `Classic Sports in America,' in January 1998.
- C-Span's literary road trip. Alleyne, P. Llanor // Broadcasting & Cable;04/09/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 15, p25
Reports on the history programming at the cable television firm, C-Span. Themes of the historical programs featuring the lives of American writers; Overall budget of the program.
- Remembrance of things past. Wilkins, Richard D. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;10/13/97, Vol. 11 Issue 21, p4
Ponders on the historical events featured in the History Channel cable television network. War-related topics; Observations on public-policy issues; Comprehensiveness of reports.
- The Second World War in Colour: The UK History Documentary Boom and Colour Archive. Sills-Jones, Dafydd // Journal of British Cinema & Television;2010, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p115
The article looks at the colour archiving within the changing televisual landscape and the changing form of history documentary. It focuses on "The Second World War in Colour," a 1999 documentary series, shown in Great Britain and which comprised of the first colour archive footage. The...
- TV's Cliffs Notes report on trash. Gerlat, Allan // Waste News;05/17/99, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p9
Comments on the one-hour documentary program on garbage aired by the History Channel in the United States. Topics of discussion; Disadvantages of showing issues on waste management in limited time slots; Concern that recycling might present itself as money-making venture; Show improvements.
- ITV to tie up with NatMags in 'Blind Date' for farmers. Brech, Poppy // Marketing (00253650);3/8/2001, p3
Reports that ITV has teamed up with The National Magazine Co. to develop a documentary series based on 'Country Living's Farmer Wants a Wife' campaign.