- Proclamation 7049--National Day of Concern About Young People and Gun Violence, 1997. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;11/10/97, Vol. 33 Issue 45, p1745
Presents the President of the United States' proclamation of November 6, 1997 as a National Day of Concern About Young People and Gun Violence. Law enforcement priorities of the government; Call to students and community groups to celebrate the day with programs and activities.
- Duck and Take Cover. Strasburger, Victor C. // Clinical Pediatrics;Jan1999, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p41
Shows that increasing number of schoolchildren are being forced go through a drill to escape gunfire. Country with the highest rate of homicides; Impact of firearms on children; Factors influencing youth violence. INSET: Editor's Note.
- Project Exile: Combating Gun Violence in America. Monahan, Brian A.; Burke, Tod W. // FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin;Oct2001, Vol. 70 Issue 10, p2
Focuses on Project Exile, a program developed and implemented in Richmond, Virginia aimed toward combating handgun violence and homicides. Background of the project; Program structure; Advantages and disadvantages of the project. INSET: Virginia Exile.
- Guns, more guns. // Christian Century;03/15/2000, Vol. 117 Issue 9, p293
Stresses the need for trigger locks and other ways to prevent children from using guns to hurt themselves or other people. Why parents are blamed when a child commits a crime; Responsibility of gun manufacturers; Significance of safe storage laws which hold gun owners responsible when their...
- It Is Time to Act to Protect Children Against Gun Violence. Edelman, Marian Wright // La Prensa San Diego;12/28/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 52, p6
In this article, the author discusses the gun violence related issues surrounding the U.S. children.
- Government, Not Guns, Is the Problem. Coulter, Ann // Human Events;05/07/99, Vol. 55 Issue 17, p6
Ponders on the issue of guns and violence in the United States (US). Reference to a prediction made by Nietzsche in 1888; Recurring characteristics to the demand for new restrictions on guns in the US; Role of the US government in the prevention of violence.
- Trenton homicides setting a record pace. TOWNES, GLENN // New York Amsterdam News;8/8/2013, Vol. 104 Issue 32, p4
The article reports on the growing number of gun crimes and homicide in Trenton, New Jersey in 2013 based on the statistics and record released by the city.
- Taking aim at workplace violence. Snyder, Eric // Inside Tucson Business;11/08/99, Vol. 9 Issue 33, p4
Shows that educating employees about gun use will ensure that there will be no shootings in the workplace. Prevalence of workplace shootings; Effort aimed at spotting warning signs and dealing with violence after the event; description of people who shoot up rooms full of unarmed persons as...
- Gun play. Buchanan, John M. // Christian Century;5/17/2003, Vol. 120 Issue 10, p3
Addresses the issue of gun violence in the U.S. Passage of the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act; Incidents of gun violence; Implications for gun control.