Prisoner of War Chests
- MCCAIN'S BOOMERANG. // Christian Science Monitor;3/21/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 82, p10
Comments on the impact of former United States Republican presidential candidate John McCain on the presidential race and his efforts to keep campaign finance reform as a top issue.
- Whose 'Religious Right'? // Christian Science Monitor;3/2/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 69, p10
Focuses on the verbal attack on leaders of the religious right by presidential candidate John McCain.
- Quotes. // Reason;Oct2008, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p11
The article presents quotes from Senator John McCain on who will vote for him, Senator Kit Bond on telecom companies' immunity from prosecution for their role in warrantless wiretapping and former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee on the threat of libertarianism to Republicanism.
- McCain Blasts Broadcasters For DTV Delays. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;03/12/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p4
Reports on the attack of United States Senator John McCain against broadcasters for delays in digital television transition. Postponement in using the free spectrum provided by Congress; Urgency displayed in returning analog channels; Suggestions raised to spur the transition process.
- Senators hit Jones Act. // Traffic World;09/21/98, Vol. 255 Issue 12, p20
Focuses on the views of Senator John McCain, R-Ariz., on the Jones Act which imposes domestic maritime protection in the United States. Information on the plan of Senator Sam Brownback, R-Kan., to attach a repeal to the bill.
- McCain clout grows in divided Senate. Marlantes, Liz; Kiefer, Francine // Christian Science Monitor;6/20/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 144, p2
Focuses on Senator John McCain (R-Ariz.), view that he is a key figure in United States legislation, and discussion of his collaboration with Democrats.
- McCain Resistance. Wilner, Frank N. // Traffic World;1/17/2000, Vol. 261 Issue 3, p16
Focuses on the resistance of United States Senator John McCain to hold hearings on railroad competition. Denial of close relations with railroad executives; Comments against the deregulation of the rail industry; Speculations on the lack of understanding on railroad market power.
- You Break It, You Pay For It. Weinstein Jr., Paul // Washington Monthly;Nov2002, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p14
Deals with various issues concerning campaign finance systems in the U.S. as of November 2002. Observations of senators John McCain and Russell Feingold on the tactics of oppositions of soft money ban; Factors which contribute to the cost of campaigning for public office at the national level;...
- McCain Flips, Flops and Flips on Abortion. D'Agostino, Joseph A. // Human Events;09/03/99, Vol. 55 Issue 33, p5
Focuses on the stand of Senator John McCain (R-Ariz.), a United States presidential candidate, on abortion. Excerpt from an interview with the San Francisco `Chronicle'; Explanations from McCain spokesman Howard Opinsky; Letters forwarded by McCain.