A GOOD WIND BLOWING
- Skiers Love the Green. Hewitt, Ben // Skiing;Nov2007, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p1E
This article examines the recent environmental efforts of eastern U.S. ski resorts. The environmental efforts of ski mountains such as Sugerloaf, Sunday River, Smugglers' Notch, and Mad River Glen are discussed. Initiatives that are discussed include the use of biodiesel to power shuttle buses,...
- From the Editors. Algozzine, Bob; Test, David W. // Career Development for Exceptional Individuals;Winter2008, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p131
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Peter Clive on the use of Lidar in wind asessment, another on wind resource assessment in Bahrain and another on wind turbine inspection models.
- Five developers consider wind farms in Utah. Olsen, Jaclyn // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;8/13/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p1
Focuses on the possibility of building wind turbines in Utah. Capacity of the project; Contribution of the turbine farms to the economy in the state; Rank of the state in wind resources.
- Wind farm all at sea. // Professional Engineering;06/10/98, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p5
States that Great Britain first offshore wind turbines should be in operation by mid summer, 1999. Who will erect the two 750 kilowatt turbines; Location of the turbines; Installation of cost of the turbines; Information on the transfer of electricity from the turbines.
- Mass. Cape Wind gets thumbs up, thumbs down. LINDSAY, JAY // Native American Times;5/7/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 19, p2
The article reports on the opposition and approval met by the proposed 30-turbine Cape Wind project at Nantucket Sound in Boston, Massachusetts after it received approval from the U.S. federal government.
- Picture of the month. // International Cranes & Specialized Transport;Dec2010, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p58
A photograph of wind turbines at the Gavlen wind park situated near Havoysund in Norway is presented.
- The Power of the Wind. Yancey, Kerry // Malakoff News (TX);6/13/2008, Vol. 99 Issue 24, p1B
The article focuses on the modern turbine installed by Burton and Martel Love at their home located in Eustace, Texas.
- Wind turbine tragedy. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;04/14/97, Vol. 238 Issue 15, p7
Presents a photograph of a collapsed wind turbine at a test site near Brunsbuettel in northern Germany. Casualties; Turbine builder Husumer Sciffwerft AG's testing of a new electronic angle regulator for the turbine.
- Functional logic found in turbine cluster. // Planning (14672073);2/26/2010, Issue 1857, p17
The article reports on the decision of a building inspector to approve a development of three wind turbines in East Yorkshire, England.