Your body the powerplant
- Neighbors examine the BioCrossroads' approach. Schnitzler, Peter // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/22/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 47, p19
The article focuses on the growing interest of various states over the BioCrossroads initiative that was created by Battelle Co. of Indiana. It is revealed that Illinois has developed a life science development strategy similar to the BioCrossroads approach to prod technology transfer and...
- A wind-powered energy charger. Isaac, Kelly S. // Mother Earth News;Jun/Jul93, Issue 138, p62
Shows how to build a wind-powered energy charger to breathe new life into your dying radio and flashlight batteries. Parts list; Making and assembling the sails; Recharging mechanism assembly; Electrical circuit; Testing; Positioning.
- This battery is a lemon. // Current Science;4/28/95, Vol. 80 Issue 17, p10
Teaches the method to make an electric battery by using a lemon.
- Lights! Action! Wow! Dispezio, Michael // Science Scope;Feb95, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p40
Outlines procedure in the construction of electrochemical cell using light-emitting diode (LED) and battery of four fruit cells. Materials; Significance of the study.
- Firm Charged Up About Its Ability to Make Batteries Last Longer. Sinovic, Steve // San Diego Business Journal;12/13/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 50, p9
The article reports on the initiative of the startup stage company Wildcat Discovery Technologies Inc. to develop better battery materials in San Diego, California.
- The death of the battery beep. Rupley, Sebastian // Australian Personal Computer;Jan1995, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p12
Informs about plans of battery makers to use lithium ion and zinc-air battery technologies in their 1995 product designs. Information about the products planned for launch by various companies; Effect of the innovation.
- BIO, ASCO, and Clinical Trials. Henderson, Lisa // Applied Clinical Trials;May2009, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p12
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on the benefits of early strategic development planning, another one on radiological measurement quality improvement, and a report on ways which could prove beneficial for biotech development in clinical trial stage.
- More Biotech Firms Head to ATM for Cash. Quigley, Kelly // San Diego Business Journal;4/9/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 15, p3
The article offers information on the "at-the-market" (ATM) stock offering, a financing approach adopted by publicly-listed biotechnology companies in the U.S. to raise capital that entails the selling of newly issued shares at the prevailing market price.
- Bendy battery to power up smart fabrics. Marks, Paul // New Scientist;2/4/2012, Vol. 213 Issue 2850, p22
The article looks at research published in "Journal of the Electrochemical Society" by scientist Maksim Skorobogatiy and colleagues on the development of a flexible thermoplastic battery designed to be incorporated into smart fabrics.