Those big bad banks!
- Fight for market share. // Finance Week;2/10/2003, p34
Examines the performance of banks in South Africa (SA). Foreign equity broking houses operating in the country; Main difference between SA and foreign banks; Top performers in the country's investment banking market.
- A Retrospect on China's Banking Reform. Lo, Wai Chung // Chinese Economy;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p15
Focuses on a study which examined the approach and strategies of China in transforming its banking system. Overview of the country monobank system before 1978; Establishment of a two-tier banking system from 1978-1992; Basis of the rapid expansion of the financial sector in the country; Conclusion.
- How safe is your bank? Blount, Ed // ABA Banking Journal;Sep2000, Vol. 92 Issue 9, p88
Deals with the issue of bank safety. Importance of the rewards/penalty process on competitive markets; How bank supervisors approach safety of the financial system; Qualitative factors in securitization agreements.
- chapter 4: Special Report. // Vietnam Business Forecast Report;2009 3rd Quarter, p35
The article presents an outlook of global banking relative to its expanded banking coverage, business environment rating analysis, and opportunities.
- The Branches Strike Back. Driscoll, Jacques // Bank Marketing;Dec99, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p22
Offers a look at banking in the future. Challenges in making a bank for the future; Significance of being a customer-oriented bank; Strategies to nurture the knowledge of and relationship with customers.
- TOP 50 SMALL BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION LENDERS. Diefenderfer, Jim // Business News New Jersey;7/31/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 31, p24
Ranks the 50 leading small business administration lenders by amount of loans to New Jersey companies in 2000. Commerce Bank; Unity Bank; Valley National Bank; Business Loan Center.
- Rejecting the soft sell. Rose, Barbara // Crain's Chicago Business;2/28/94, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p17
Reports on the financial industry of Chicago, Illinois. Effects of deregulation and competition; Compensation incentives for employees; Commission for licensed brokers.
- New York area's largest banks. Chen, Andrew // Crain's New York Business;2000 Book of Lists, Vol. 15 Issue 52, p30
Ranks largest banks in New York State by total assets of holding companies. Includes Citibank N.A.; Chase Manhattan Bank; Morgan Guaranty Trust Co. of New York.
- THE CHANGING ROLE OF BANKING SUPERVISION. de Swaan, Tom // Economic Policy Review (19320426);Oct2000, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p75
Examines the implications of changes in the financial system for the supervision of financial institutions in Europe. Trends in the financial sector in Europe; Changes in the European banking structure; Observations on the organization and structure of banking supervision in the European Union.
- Area banks weather tough economy. Miller, Valerie // Las Vegas Business Press;5/5/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p10
Reports on developments pertaining to the financial institutions in the United States as of May 2003. Nevada First Bank's announcement of its income for the first quarter of 2003; Decline in total loans of the Colonial BancGroup Inc.