A Wall Between Countries, A Bridge for People
- THE FRONTIERS OF ITALY. Salvemini, Gaetano // Foreign Affairs;Oct44, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p57
This article discusses the end of the Italian Empire on September 21, 1943, covering all the territory which since 1936 has been termed Italian East Africa, that is, Ethiopia, Eritrea and Italian Somaliland. Cyrenaica, the eastern section of Libya, seems to be destined to become part of Egypt....
- THE UNKNOWN FRONTIER OF MANCHURIA. Lattimore, Owen // Foreign Affairs;Jan1933, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p315
This article explores the unknown frontier of Manchuria. Perhaps the most obscure of all the questions raised by the raised by the Japanese policy of drastic intervention in Manchuria is the problem of Mongolia; or rather the problem of several Mongolias. There are in effect three Mongolias -...
- GEOGRAPHY. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Albania;May2005, p2
Provides information about the geography of Albania.
- â€žGlobal Flows and Local Culturesâ€œ. Ãœber die Rekonfiguration sozialer RÃ¤ume im GlobalisierungsprozeÃŸ. Berking, Helmuth // Berliner Journal fÃ¼r Soziologie;1998, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p381
Whatever else the meaning of â€žglobalizationâ€œ might be, the process in question refers first of all to an overall change of socio-spatial scales. Given the fact that spatial scales and territorially bounded social entities are highly interdependent, this article aims at analysing...
- MULTICRITERIA METHODS FOR EVALUATING COMPETITIVENESS OF REGIONS IN V4 COUNTRIES. Ramík, Jaroslav; Hančlová, Jana // International Workshop on Multiple Criteria Decision Making;2012, p169
Regional competitiveness is the source of national competitiveness. This paper presents multi-criteria decision making methods for evaluation of the regional competitiveness and regional differences and disparities. Specific indicators reflect the economic productivity of the region in form of...
- GEOGRAPHY. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Guinea;Nov2004, p2
Presents information on the geography of Guinea. Location of Guinea; Countries in the borders of Guinea; Geographic regions of Guinea.
- ARGENTINA AND CHILI. Dodds, Klaus // Geographical (Geographical Magazine Ltd.);Apr2007, Vol. 79 Issue 4, p17
The article focuses on the territorial disputes between Argentina and Chile. Argentina and Chile had rows over their boundaries. The Chilean government wanted to enforce a 1998 border agreement between the countries and demanded that the section from Mount Fitzroy to Murallon Hill in the...
- Ukraine Map. // Political Risk Yearbook: Ukraine Country Report;2003, p2
No abstract available.
- GEOGRAPHY. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Republic of Lithuani;Feb2007, p2
The article presents information on the geographical condition of Lithuania. The country is the largest and most populous of the Baltic states, and is situated on the eastern shore of the Baltic Sea, in northeastern Europe. Its boundary to the north is Latvia, Belarus to the southeast, Poland to...