25 Years of Vegetarian Food and Nutrition
- Acceptability of a Therapeutic Low-Fat, Vegan Diet in Premenopausal Women. Barnard, Neal; Scialli, Anthony R. // Journal of Nutrition Education;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p314
Assesses the acceptability of a therapeutic, low-fat vegetable diet in premenopausal women. Weight loss and increased energy in women taking vegan diet versus unrestricted diet; Acceptability of vegan diet was in no way different from unrestricted diet, except for effort; Decline of energy,...
- IT'S TIME TO GO VEGGIE! // Women's Fitness;Feb2017, Issue 162, Special section p4
The article discusses the health benefits of being a vegetarian. Topics discussed include the environmental and health factors that prompt people to become vegetarians, the foods that can help people transition from a meat diet to a vegetarian diet, such as seitan, portabello mushrooms and...
- FOR SUMMER MENUS: LIGHTER VEGETARIAN. Berkoff, Nancy // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p98
Provides vegetarian meal suggestions. Suggested fat-free marinade for tofu; Veggie steak sandwich offered at Los Angeles City College; Suggestion on including rice, pasta and grains in vegetarian salads.
- Eating for a healthy glow. Riccardi, Victoria Abbott // Natural Health;Mar99, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p114
Presents macrobiotic recipes for better health. Includes Japanese steamed tofu and vegetables, sweet potato minestrone and roasted vegetable and spinach salad; Substances in the recipes beneficial to healthy skin, hair and nails.
- Macrobiotics demystified. Cheney, Susan Jane // Vegetarian Times;Apr94, Issue 200, p84
Discusses macrobiotics and macrobiotic meals. Philosophy of macrobiotics; Integration of the Oriental concept of yin and yang in macrobiotic theory; Advice of macrobiotic practitioners; Macrobiotic lifestyle; Macrobiotic dietary principles; Attitude toward beverage consumption; Four recipes for...
- Old Habits, New Beginnings. Davis, Carla // Vegetarian Times;Mar2004, Issue 319, p6
Explores topics and articles related to vegetarians and vegetarianism. INSET: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, VT!.
- veg out the right way! // Seventeen;Nov2008, Vol. 67 Issue 11, p69
The article discusses the health benefits of a vegetable diet and provides meal suggestions for vegetarians. Vegetarians can sometimes overdo it on pasta, since it's easy to cook and tastes good. Add veggies to get some fiber, plus protein to keep you strong. Cheese is a great source of protein,...
- THOMAS TRYON'S A BILL OF FARE OF SEVENTY FIVE NOBLE DISHES. O'Connell, Anne // Petits Propos Culinaires;Dec2003, Issue 74, p45
Features the vegetarian recipe book "A Bill of Fare of Seventy Five Noble Dishes," written by the 17th century author Thomas Tyron. Efforts of Tyron to promote good health through a vegetarian diet; Other issues addressed by Tyron; Examples of rules on health and diet listed in the book.
- A moveable feast. Skidelsky, William // Prospect;May2012, Issue 194, p56
In this article the author discusses the strict vegetarians and incorporating elements of vegetarianism into diets. He states the findings of Vegetarian Society in the Great Britain which shows reduction in meat intake by the people and presents the data of retail statistics which shows 20...