- On Point. // Soldiers;Jun2003, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p24
Presents pictures of U.S. Army soldiers deployed in different countries. Search of suspected Taliban during the Operation Viper in Afghanistan; Security-assistance training of the members of the Philippines armed forces; Operation Joint Guardian II in Kosovo.
- Equipping Today's Warfighters. Gourley, Scott R. // Army Magazine;Jul2003, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p49
Describes the uniform and special equipment of the U.S. Army under the Professional Executive Officer Soldier program. Advanced combat helmet; Cold weather bib overalls and cap; XM107 long range sniper rifle; Mounted crewman gloves.
- What They Don't Teach at Leavenworth. Eden, Steven // Army Magazine;Jul2003, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p61
Presents tips for action officers of the U.S. Army. Avoiding the use of simple word when you can come up with something more impressive; Isolating problems to be able to deal with out properly.
- Army to balance Iraq drawdown. Lopez, C. Todd // Soldiers;May2010, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p19
The article reports that the U.S. Army's drawdown in Iraq must not affect a soldier's dwell time.
- The Soldiers. // Army Magazine;Nov2003, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p25
Presents photographs of U.S. Army troops deployed in Iraq.
- First-hand perspective on Iraq War. // American Nurse;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p4
Relates the experience with the U.S. Army's 28th Combat Support Hospital in serving soldiers deployed in Iraq. Treatment of Iraqis by American nurses; Views on the absence of nursing care in the country; Commitment to provide lifesaving and definitive health care.
- Freedom Walk. Miner, Timothy H. // Soldiers;Aug2003, Vol. 58 Issue 8, p19
Reports that U.S. military personnel, family members and civilian participants from around the world to gather for a noncompetitive international sports events in Washington D.C. Aim to honor soldiers who died to protect America's freedom and freedom abroad; Participants and organizers; Details...
- People Briefs. // Army Reserve Magazine;Spring/Summer2003, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p22
Presents news updates concerning Army Reserve officers in the U.S. as of April 2003. Naming of Sergeant First Class Antonio Valentin as Non-Commissioned Officer of the Year by both the First U.S. Army and the U.S. Army Forces Command; Selection of Staff Sergeant Calvin N. Lamont as Reserve...
- Update: Tax benefits for military personnel in a combat zone or qualified hazardous duty area. Rousseau, Richard W. // Army Lawyer;Dec99, Issue 325, p1
Provides an update on tax benefits of United States military personnel who are assigned in a combat zone or qualified hazardous duty area.