- Did You Know? Elvin, John // Insight on the News;01/24/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p34
Features the results of public opinion polls and studies related to politics and the society in the United States. Percentage of Democrats that believe that gun-control laws would be a remedy against workplace violence; Survey on the lack of people that watched the December 1999 Republican...
- Hypothetical sky marshals are no substitute for real pilots with real guns. Sowell, Thomas // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;7/22/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p22
Comments on the authorship of a U.S law concerning the rights of air pilots to carry guns during flight. Opposition of the President George W. Bush administration on bill; Impact of September 11 terrorists attack; Opponents of the bill.
- Why Emerson was one more defeat for gun rights and you should care. Rogers, David // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;11/5/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p21
Comments on the court decision on the appeal of a gun control case in New Orleans, Louisiana. Infringement of the rights to bear arms; Concept of the second amendment; Ability of the federal government to restrict guns.
- POLITICS. // American Enterprise;Dec2001, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p57
Presents summaries of articles on politics and government in the United States. 'Impossible Dream or Distant Reality? Republican Efforts to Attract Latino Voters,' by James Gimpel and Karen Kauffmann; 'Lack of Confidence in the Federal Government and the Ownership of Firearms,' by Robert M....
- Inside Washington. // National Journal;5/29/99, Vol. 31 Issue 22, p1444
Presents news items relating to politics in the United States as of May 29, 1999. Efforts of the computer industry to push for the lifting of tight restrictions on computers exported to China; Contents of the nonprofit Center for Community Change's primer dubbed `Lessons From Newt: What Many of...
- Commonplace Or Anachronism: The Standard Model, the Second Amendment, and the Problem of History in. Cornell, Saul // Constitutional Commentary;Summer99, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p221
Argues against the validity of the Standard Model which interprets the Second Amendment of the United States (US) constitution. Discussion on the right of the people to bear arms and to revolt; Analysis of historical events in the US that displayed Anti-Federalists citizens' bearing of arms;...
- Evans & Novak. Evans, Rowland; Novak, Robert // Human Events;07/09/99, Vol. 55 Issue 25, p10
Offers observations on politics-related issues from the United States. Issues on gun control bills; Views on Presidential campaign of Texas Governor George W. Bush for the election in year 2000; Comments on Vice President Al Gore's campaign debut.
- Capital Briefs. // Human Events;7/15/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 26, p2
Presents news briefs on U.S. politics and government as of July 2002. Details of a bill approved by the U.S. House to allow U.S. pilots to be armed with firearms after receiving special training; Information on the speech given by Julian Bond, chairman of the U.S. National Association for the...
- Silent on guns. Buchanan, John M. // Christian Century;5/19/2009, Vol. 126 Issue 10, p3
The article presents the editor's reflections on why gun control is not a major issue within the public political debate of the United States in 2009. Several violent gun-crime incidents which occurred within the past year are cited and the author asserts that it is a large enough problem that...