- Should the U.S. ratify the Kyoto Pact? Moretti, Nick; Bigham, Roy // Pollution Engineering;Jan2003, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p16
Presents opinion on the need to ratify the Kyoto Protocol to stop global warming. Accounts on the contribution of human activity to global warming; Reduction of the levels of greenhouse gases; responsibility of individuals in protecting the environment.
- Bibliography. // Yemen Country Review;2009, p140
A variety of Web sites, universal resource locators (URL) that relate to articles that appeared in the "CountryWatch Review 2009 Edition" are presented.
- Protecting plants and animals should be a no-brainer. Erickson, Frank // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;2/25/2010, Vol. 75 Issue 30, p4
In this article the author discusses the irony how people futher debate on ways to protect plants and animals when they are not willing to change their lifestyles that negatively impacts the environment.
- Global Environmental Concepts. // Grenada Country Review;2013, p183
The article provides information on the concept of global environment with regards to the greenhouse effect, development of international policy on global warming, and the Kyoto Protocol.
- The Kyoto Protocol. Singer, S. Fred // World & I;Dec99, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p330
Discusses the threat posed by the Kyoto Protocol agreement to reduce the threat of greenhouse warming to the global climate. Impact of global warming; Greenhouse gas reduction requirement from industrialized nations under the agreement; Political battle in the United States caused by the treaty....
- Fifteen Year Old With A Mission. Kirk, Kelsie Rose // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);7/11/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 28, p6
The article offers insights on the need for people to be aware of the occurrence of global warming to be able to be environmentally responsible.
- "IF THE USA WERE SERIOUS ABOUT. // Onearth;Fall2006, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p4
The article reports on the statement made by David Hawkins, the head of the Natural Resources Defense Council, that the U.S. government should reduce carbon dioxide by 80 percent to combat global warming.
- Global Environmental Concepts. // Azerbaijan Country Review;2010, p130
The article focuses on environmental aspects that contribute the existence of global warming and discusses the approaches enacted by government agencies that could lower or minimize environmental problems such as the talk among members of the United Nations on carbon emissions last December 2009.
- Global Environmental Concepts. // Kyrgyzstan Country Review;2009, p121
The article offers information on various global environmental concepts and highlights the international policy development pertaining to global warming.