- More staff set to quit Lastminute. // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;6/30/2003, Issue 1674, p4
Reports on the additional number of employees who quit Lastminute.com due to the company's move to introduce shift pattern changes in its travel business.
- Lastminute adds to web facilities. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;7/29/2002, Issue 2524, p38
Reports that Lasminute.com is developing systems to enable tour operators to manage their inventory online. Launch of extranet for hotel suppliers; Firm's introduction of voice recognition for suppliers in case of changes in room allocation and pricing; Firm's acquisition of Travelselect.com.
- Future for web giant. // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;4/14/2003, Issue 1663, p16
Reports on Lastminute.com's aim to become a major distribution tool for tour operators featuring city-break and exotic destinations.
- Lastminute staff slam new conditions. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;6/16/2003, Issue 2568, p3
Reports on Lastminute.com's efforts to address employee complaints about poor working conditions in the British travel firm.
- Lastminute targets the north in drive beyond south-east. // Travel Weekly (UK);2/26/2010, Vol. 5, p16
The article reports that about 220 suppliers attended the online retailer Lastminute.com PLC 's Go North event in Manchester, England, including airlines, hotels, theatre operators and car hire companies.
- Time for travel to get carbonwise. Bevan, John // Travel Weekly (UK);12/8/2006, p31
The article offers insights of John Bevan, travel director of Lastminute.com PLC, into the company's carbonwise initiative. According to Bevan, the initiative is a direct response to climate change. He reiterates that the company believes that it has a responsibility to inform every customer...
- Pain, Gain, or Shame: The Evolution of Environmental Law and the Role of Multinational Corporations. EWING-CHOW, MICHAEL; SOH, DARRYL // Indiana Journal of Global Legal Studies;Winter2009, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p195
The evolution of environmental law in the past century has been linked to the growing acceptance of the notion of collective global responsibility, which entails the notion of sustainable development. At the turn of this century, the focus in environmental law has shifted from the creation of a...
- Environmental Policies and Firm Behavior with Endogenous Investment in R & D. Gaeta, Emanuela Giusi // Technology & Investment;May2010, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p77
This paper investigates upon the optimal amount of oil usage in an economy characterized by competitive firms and by a monopolistic innovator. It is close in spirit to Denicolo 1999 and Parry 2003. There are two alternative oil saving technologies: the conventional one is promptly available to...
- Keeping in Eco Compliance. Mowry, Matthew J. // Business NH Magazine;Nov2007, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p45
The article focuses on the Small Business Technical Assistance Program (SBTAP), which helps small business owners comply with environmental regulations in the New Hampshire. The project was started in 1992 as part of the 1990 Clean Air Act which focuses not only on air issues but also provides...