Can't Leave Home Without It
- Getting down to details. Coles, Alan // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;Nov2005 TTG Business, p5
Focuses on the additional travel regulations in the U.S. Verification process of visas; Effect of the regulation on the flight preparation of passengers; Role of travel management companies for the travelers to achieve the regulatory requirements on time.
- Cutting out the hassle. Minton, Alan // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;Nov2005 TTG Business, p5
Comments that the additional travel regulations imposed by the U.S. government won't badly affect business travel in the country. Hassles brought by the travel regulations; Role of travel management companies on the business travel community; Business process management.
- House Panel Approves Biometric Air Exit Requirement. // Defense Daily;5/28/2013, p3
The article reports that the U.S. House Homeland Security Committee has approved a taking biometric of foreign national departing the U.S. through an airport. The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) opposed for a biometric exit system at land ports as such a system would impose at border...
- Business Travel Made Easy. Youd's, Christi // Global Cosmetic Industry;Sep2007, Vol. 175 Issue 9, p28
The article offers some suggestions about business travel. It is stated that as part of pre-flight preparations, one should create a travel binder for essential travel documents like airline ticket and passport. It is advised that one should not take the last flight to the destination. On the...
- EXECUTIVE JET PASSENGERS HIT BY AIR TAX. // Accountancy;May2012, Vol. 148 Issue 1425, p36
The article reports that business jet users will be required to pay a higher premium rate of Air Passenger Duty (APD) as of April 1, 2012.
- Congress may be taking its summer vacation, but regulatory beast remains hard at work. Donohue, Thomas // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;8/22/2008, Issue 323908, p30
The article reflects on the month-long vacation of legislators in the U.S. The author mentions that eventhough lawmakers are at vacations, they still worked hard to formulate legislations on various important issues including climatic change and the new proposals requiring all federal...
- New Passport Initiative Announced to Better Secure America's Borders. Serrano, Mariella Perez // Caribbean Business;5/5/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 17, p30
The article reports that citizens of the U.S. visiting Canada, the British Overseas Territory of Bermuda, and Mexico will have to present a passport instead of merely flashing a driver's license or birth certificate to enter or re-enter the U.S. The measure is the first post 9/11 travel...
- Pending passport legislation may be hurting area already. Fink, James; Hoover, Kent // Buffalo Law Journal;8/28/2006, Vol. 78 Issue 69, p1
The article discusses the effects of passport legislations on the travel industry. Christopher Glynn, president of Maid of the Mist Corp., says the proposed regulation issued on August 11, 2006 has already cut 20 percent on his business. The Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative being pushed by...
- Do Not Pass Go. Walker, Jesse // Reason;Mar2004, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p14
Comments on the suspension of the U.S. Transit Without Visa and International-to-International Transit programs in August 2003. Government press release to justify the suspension of the programs; Condition posed by the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of State for the...