Creating literacy links
- National Institute for Literacy launches awareness campaign. // Reading Today;Jun/Jul97, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p28
Reports on the inauguration of the National Institute for Literacy's public awareness campaign, `Literacy: A Whole New World' at the Library of Congress in Washington D.C. Introduction of public service announcements; Messages of participating dignitaries.
- Literacy grants awarded. // Reading Today;Feb/Mar93, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p17
Reports on the United States National Institute for Literacy's announcement of the national recipients of US$3.2 million in grants. Number of recipients; Literacy programs supported by the grants; Address of the National Institute for Literacy.
- Rebuilding NIFL to Meet Future Needs: A New and Innovative Agency With a Broader Mission. Smith, Cristine // Adult Basic Education & Literacy Journal;Spring2010, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p57
An abstract of the research "Rebuilding NIFL to Meet Future Needs: A New and Innovative Agency With a Broader Mission," by Forrest P. Chusman and Gail Spangenberg, is presented.
- Long-Distance Training For Staff and Inmates. // Corrections Today;Dec99, Vol. 61 Issue 7, p138
Deals with long-distance learning, the use of the Internet or a satellite to deliver educational programs in corrections. Features of long-distance learning technologies; Sample of federal and state training initiatives involving long-distance learning; Number of inmate population who does not...
- Great Cities Summit Initiative. // Illinois Literacy;Fall2010, p4
The article reports on the joint federal investment of the U.S. National Institute for Literacy and the Department of Education's Office of Vocational and Adult Education for 814,308 dollars to hold a Cities Summit Initiative for two years.
- Language Learning: Adult English Language Learners with Limited Literacy. // Literacy Today;Mar2011, Issue 66, p23
The article provides an overview of the report from the National Institute for Literacy on adult English language learners with limited literacy in the U.S.
- Washington update. Long, R. // Reading Today;Aug/Sep89, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p3
Reports on congressional and finance issues affecting persons interested in literacy and reading. Budget; Teacher training; Vocational education.
- Washington update. Long, R. // Reading Today;Dec89 & Jan90, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p3
Presents an overview of literacy issues addressed by the 101st Congress to-date. Funding; Literacy legislation; Other related legislation.
- Happy anniversary. // Reading Today;Apr/May92, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p14
Announces that the National Coalition for Literacy celebrated its tenth anniversary in 1991. The International Reading Association (IRA) is one of the eleven charter members of the coalition.