MANAGEMENT FOR RURAL AND REMOTE HEALTH PROFESSIONALS
- CNE QUESTIONS. // Hospital Home Health;Mar2010, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p35
A quiz concerning medical care of patients by medical personnel is presented.
- How Healthcare Wins with Consumers Who Want More. Studer, Quint // Frontiers of Health Services Management;Summer2003, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p3
Examines how hospitals can encourage employee passion to improve the delivery of health care to patients. Strategies for responding to patient expectations; Techniques for increasing organizational focus on service and performance; Creation of effective leaders in the healthcare system;...
- The people stand up, the doctor steps down. Lankester, T.E. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);8/9/1986, Vol. 293 Issue 6543, p377
Focuses on the condition of health care services in Himalaya Mountains. Difficulties in training supervising and equipping health workers; Importance of the participation of men in the administration of health services; Reaction of doctors towards the health dominated welfare system.
- Las Vegas group health providers. // Las Vegas Business Press;04/06/98, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p24
Lists the Las Vegas, Nevada, group health providers ranked by the number of members in Clark County. Health Plan of Nevada Incorporated; Managed Care Consultants Incorporated; Sierra Healthcare Options.
- THE ASHCSP PAGE. // Materials Management in Health Care;Feb2003, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p16
Reports on the developments in the American Society for Healthcare Central Service Professionals. History and heritage; Profession's role in health care leadership and management; Diversity of technical and professional services of members.
- Understanding the Impact of Variation in the Delivery of Healthcare Services. Noon, Charles E.; Hankins, Charles T.; Côté, Murray J. // Journal of Healthcare Management;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p82
Focuses on the impact of medical care variation on the delivery of healthcare services. Details on the financial aspects of managed care; Variety of other operational factors in achieving success by health care providers; Role of time in health care.
- Inside Info. // People's Medical Society Newsletter;Aug2002, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p2
Reports on the shortage of health care workers based on a survey by First Consulting Group reported in February 4, 2002 issue of the 'Modern Healthcare.'
- Illinois hospitals "Raising the Bar" for quality care and patient safety. WURTH, MARYJANE A. // AHA News;12/13/2010, Vol. 46 Issue 25, p4
The article reports that about 200 hospitals and health systems joined the Illinois Hospital Association's Raising the Bar: A Call to Action Campaign to improve the quality of health care in the state, a three-year campaign which aims to reduce 30-day hospital readmissions for heart-related...
- Recruiting and retention concerns health care team. Hansford, Jennifer // Windspeaker;Feb2010, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p22
The article reports on the challenges experienced by the Noojmowin Teg Health Centre concerning the retention and recruitment of health care professionals for aboriginal people in Canada.
- Careers and Leadership. Branz, Kay A. // Healthcare Executive;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one about the experiences of healthcare leaders with career transitions and changes and another about the perspective of healthcare executives on leadership imperative.