- Plant Life. Palacios, Monica // Lesbian News;Feb2002, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p27
Narrates the experience of the author on becoming a vegetarian. Influence of her girlfriend; Experimentation of alternative dishes; Reaction of her family on her diet transformation.
- MORE CARBS, FEWER POUNDS. Gullon, Monica; Hammers, Maryann // Shape;Nov2005, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p164
Presents a study which states that vegetarians--who typically consume less protein and fat but more carbs--tend to be slimmer than meat eaters.
- Vegetarian diet lowers risk of death. Ryan, Patricia // Research Review (International Council on Active Aging);Jun2013, Vol. 13 Issue 21, p1
The article offers information on the dietary habits of 73,308 individuals which shows a correlation between a vegetarian diet and lowering mortality rates.
- The Market for Vegetarian Foods. Ginsberg, Caryn; Ostrowski, Alissa // Vegetarian Journal;2002, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p26
Characterizes the consumers of vegetarian foods in the U.S. Reason for choosing plant-based food; Size of the market; Response of food manufacturers; Impact of health foods on grocery stores; Attitude of restaurants. INSET: RESOURCES.
- Smart Eating. // Self;Oct2012, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p99
The article presents research studies related to healthy eating including the benefits of eating vegetables, the calorie content of appetizers, and a portion size of eating chips.
- Majority of US vegetarians revert to meat-eating, finds study. // Meat Trades Journal;12/19/2014, p6
The article informs that a study conducted in the U.S. revealed that vegetarians find it difficult to completely abstain from meat, with 43% of lapsed vegetarians found it too difficult to maintain a pure diet.
- Avoiding Nutritional Risks With Vegetarianism. Clark, Kristine // Athletic Therapy Today;Sep97, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p50
Focuses on the experimentation of athletes with vegetarian diets. Views of athletes on the consumption of red meat; Information on vegetarian eating patterns; Keys to a successful vegetarian eating plan.
- How Often do Americans Eat Vegetarian Meals? And How Many Adults in the U.S. are Vegetarian? Stahler, Charles // Vegetarian Journal;2015, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p24
The article discusses the 2015 national survey conducted by market research firm Harris Poll and commissioned by American nonprofit organization Vegetarian Resource Group (VRG) on the number of vegetarians in the U.S., including their eating behavior for meat, fish, seafood and poultry.
- Why Barbara Walters Made me a Vegetarian. Cramer, Maggie // New Life Journal: Carolina Edition;Jun2007, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p7
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including three popular diets, food lifestyles, and opinions from health experts.