- Effects of figure context on the apparent length of a line. Luo, Chun R.; Wang, Su // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Oct97, Vol. 85 Issue 2, p551
Presents a study which was used to examine the effects of figure context on the obvious length of a line. Information on the experiments conducted; Discussion of the study.
- Useless information. Redshaw, Kerry // Bulletin with Newsweek;3/21/95, Vol. 116 Issue 5962, p90
Presents miscellaneous facts pertaining to length.
- `Counting the lines odd.' // Tech Directions;Feb97, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p42
No abstract available.
- House. // Scholastic Math;10/9/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p2
A quiz regarding unit of measures is presented.
- Our Wacky World: In the Doghouse. // Scholastic DynaMath;Apr2009, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p2
A quiz concerning the conversion of size measurement is presented.
- Generalized Model for Linear Referencing in Transportation. Scarponcini, Paul // GeoInformatica;Mar2002, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p35
The Generalized Model for Linear Referencing is proposed as a theoretical basis for representing and translating linear locations. It separates the concepts of the linear element which is being measured and the linear method of measurement. It formalizes the concept of a distance expression as...
- High accuracy digital length gage. // Modern Machine Shop;Aug95, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p246
Features the Heidenhain Corporation's high-accuracy incremental length gage for the CERTO digital length gaging system called the CP60M. Total accuracy deviation; Realization of accuracy by ND291 display unit; Composition of the system; Measuring standards; Reduction of the amount of thermal...
- The LONGEST BRIDGES in the World. // World Almanac for Kids;1997, p36
This article provides a list of the world's longest bridges. The span of a bridge is the distance between its supports. The three bridges below, as measured by their main spans, were the longest bridges in the world when this book was published. But bridges seem to be getting longer and longer....
- FAQ's. Wang, Charles // T & P: Tooling & Production;Aug2003, Vol. 69 Issue 8, p33
Presents the question and answer advisory on machining in the U.S. Concept of the calibration standards; Aspects of laser vector technique; Use of the sequential step and conventional linear techniques.