- How Much Protein Is Okay? Anderson, Robert // Natural Health;Jul2001, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p39
Discusses protein consumption of lacto-vegetarians. Elderly people's experiencing of decline of kidney efficiency due to excessive protein consumption; Comparison of protein consumption of vegetarian and non-vegetarian men.
- power PLANT. ASP, KAREN // Yoga Journal;Feb2015, Issue 271, p63
The article talks about a report published in the magazine "Nutraceuticals World" which showed that new food products containing pea protein have doubled from 2012 to 2013, and presented the views of author Frances Largeman-Roth on health benefits of pea protein.
- NOTES FROM THE VRG SCIENTIFIC DEPARTMENT. // Vegetarian Journal;2013, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p17
The article presents information on members of the Vegetarian Resource Group.Vegetarian Resource Group nutrition advisor Reed Mangels was interviewed by a columnist for the Mother Nature Network about the safety of vegan diets for children and made an appearance on the radio program the "Dr. Don...
- Ask the EN Experts. What is Quorn, and is it a healthy food? Ruscigno, Matt // Environmental Nutrition;May2014, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p2
The article provides an answer to a question on whether Quorn, the brand of faux meat mycoprotein, is a healthy food. faux meat mycoprotein, Quorn.
- Exploding the Protein Deficiency Myth. Salsberg, M. T. // Natural Life;Nov/Dec98, Issue 64, p4
Deals with the myth that only animal foods can provide the high-quality protein humans need. Availability of adequate protein from plant sources according to the position paper on vegetarian diets by the American Dietetic Association; Essential amino acids content for some common foods;...
- Can non-animal protein sources deliver? Townsend, James // Functional Ingredients;Nov2013, Issue 133, p32
The article focuses on the growing global need for protein, which is being caused by population growth, rising standards of living and sustainability, and discusses the environmental and health costs of producing and deriving protein from animals. In the article the author reflects on a lack of...
- Tips for Getting Enough Healthy Protein in Your Diet. // Chicago Citizen - Chatham Southeast Edition;10/29/2014, Vol. 49 Issue 32, p30
The article presents several tips for getting healthy protein in diet, presents Harris Interactive study commissioned by the Vegetarian Resource Group regarding vegetarians, and also presents statement of Wan Kim, chief executive officer of Smoothie King.
- Protein for vegans. Harrison, Ben; R.M.D. // Cortlandt Forum;10/25/95, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p126
Determines whether a vegetarian diet which excludes dairy products have adequate protein intake. Items missing from a dairy-free vegetarian diet.
- HEMP, HEMP, HOORAY! // Vegetarian Times;Jun2013, Issue 403, p62
The article presents several recipes which feature hemp seeds, including recipes for herb and hemp stuffed potatoes, caramelized hemp popcorn and breakfast tacos with cheesy-hemp-scrambled tofu, and offers information on shopping for, storing and cooking with hemp seeds.