How to Choose the Medicare Option That's Right For You
- Medigap sales could gain from HMOs' retreat. Bell, Allison // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;10/19/98, Vol. 102 Issue 42, p1
Reports on expectations that problems affecting the Medicare managed care market could help increase sales of traditional Medicare supplement policies. Conditions of the Medicare industry; Reaction of managed care firms to prospect of government-imposed risk plan losses; Role of the United...
- Evaluation of Medicare SELECT amendments. // Health Care Financing Review;Summer96, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p257
Presents the United States Secretary of Health's evaluation of the Medicare SELECT Demonstration which is a Medicare supplemental insurance product limited to 15 states for 3 years, effective January 1, 1992. Features of the program; Affordability of premiums; Cost to the Medicare program.
- Clinton administration proposing major changes for Medicare beneficiaries in operation of `Medigap'. // Insurance Advocate;03/15/97, Vol. 108 Issue 11, p36
Presents President Bill Clinton Administration's proposals for Medicare including proposed changes in the operation of Medicare supplemental insurance (Medigap). Includes expanded Medicare options; Comparative information; Standardized benefits; Requirement for Medigap insurers to use community...
- Medicare program highlights. // Social Security Bulletin;1994 Supplement Statistics, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p306
Presents an overview of updates in the Medicare program. Increase in inpatient hospital deductible and Supplementary Medical Insurance premium; Changes in coinsurance amount and rate; Repercussions of liberalization of wages and self-employment income covered by Medicare hospital insurance tax;...
- Medicare: Enrollment, utilization, & reimbursement. // Social Security Bulletin;1994 Supplement Statistics, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p309
Presents eleven tables listing information related to enrollment in, utilization and reimbursement of Medicare programs. Aged persons served, enrolled, and reimbursement amount received by hospital and supplementary medical insurance from 1967 to 1992 by type of coverage and service; Coverage of...
- Misinformation on Medigap. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Feb2000, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p72
Provides information on the study `Medicare Rights and Realities: Medigap Consumer,' conducted by the Medicare Rights Center. Example cited by the organization regarding misinformation on Medigap insurance; Medicare law regarding sale of Medigap policies.
- National scans. // AHA News;07/14/97, Vol. 33 Issue 27, p5
Presents news briefs about Medicare around the United States. Call of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) for hospitals' help in chasing a suspect who suffers from Crones disease; Findings of a survey on Medicare supplemental insurance or Medigap plans; Gender gap in doctors' test ordering.
- Lower-cost Prescription Drugs. O'Callaghan, Seana // Inside MS;Oct-Dec2002, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p64
Discusses ways of obtaining savings in purchasing prescription drugs in the U.S. Uses of Medicare and Medigap; Coverage of Medicaid state programs; Cost benefits from manufacturers' rebate cards.
- Surging Medicare HMOs could dent Medigap sales. Schwartz, Matthew P. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;2/20/95, Vol. 99 Issue 8, p3
Reports on the effect of the rapid increase in the number of Medicare recipients to Medigap sales. Health benefits from Medicare-risk health maintenance organizations (HMO); 1993 sales of Medigap policies; Strategies of Medigap insurers in competing with Medicare-risk HMO.