Gun Control: An Overview
- Should Congress Pass Stronger Gun Laws? Trotter, Gayle S. // Congressional Digest;Mar2013, Vol. 92 Issue 3, p25
The article presents a statement by Gayle S. Trotter, senior fellow at the Independent Women's Forum research institute, at a January 30, 2013, U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee hearing entitled "What Should America Do About Gun Violence?" She presents a case against the adoption of restrictive...
- A sober look at the second amendment: Gun control in the US. Fisk, Cynthia // Peace & Conflict Monitor;Sep2009, p6
The author addresses the issue of gun control in the U.S., in which she asserts that the right to bear arms must be pondered against the heavy cost in the lives of the people that they represent. She notes that the aim of the Second Amendment was to prevent the federal government from passing...
- What Ever Happened To Political Compromise? Marshall, Troy // Beef Expert Blog;4/23/2013, p1
The article presents author's comments on the gun control debate among political parties being passed by U.S. President Barack Obama. It offers information on the controversies related to Second Amendment rights. It focuses on the increasing cost of healthcare which is unsuitable for public. It...
- Sen. Mike Lee: Gun control measures 'make us less safe'. Cox, Ramsey // Hill;4/11/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 40, p14
The article reports on the statement of U.S. Senator Mike Lee regarding the gun control plan of Democrats which makes Americans less safe and that attempts to limit Second Amendment rights need open and serious debate.
- REPLY ALL. STAUDENMAIER, JOHN M.; RIVERA, JASMINE; COSACCHI, DAN; DUNNE, ART; MAURER, ART; DEASY, MARIA; BEGIN, RAYMOND F.; TROWER, FRANCIS P.; LITTLE, JUDY // America;11/25/2013, Vol. 209 Issue 16, p6
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Can This City Be Saved?" by Kevin Clarke in the November 4, 2013 issue, "Are We Winning?" by John J. McLain in the November 4, 2013 issue, and "The Strength to Care" in the October 14, 2013 issue.
- Sound off! // St. Charles Journal;1/30/2013, Vol. 48 Issue 5, pA8
The article offers opinions on different topics including gun control and ammunition in U.S., the abuse of the Second Amendment to the Constitution by the National Rifle Association (NRA), and the shortage of funds for the state of Missouri.
- Liberty Coalition Forms to Support Sheriffs Fighting Gun Control. // New American (08856540);3/4/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p6
The article reports on the organization of a coalition of law-enforcement officials and liberty-minded organizations to defend freedom and support sheriffs across the U.S. who defend their rights from the administration's lawless assault on the Constitution.
- Forward: The Past And Future Of Guns. LINDGREN, JAMES // Journal of Criminal Law & Criminology;Fall2015, Vol. 104 Issue 4, p705
An introduction is presented in which the author discusses various reports within the journal on topics including firearms laws and gun control in America, the U.S. Constitution's Second Amendment, and the origins of the firearms seized from gang members in Chicago, Illinois.
- THE U.S. CITIZEN, THE SECOND AMENDMENT, AND THE U.N. SMALL ARMS TREATY. Riggs, Ross // Counter Terrorist;Aug/Sep2012, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p32
The article focuses on crime prevention and the protection of citizens in the U.S. It mentions that the police cannot prevent crime from happening, and the individual to whom the crime is about to happen is responsible for preventing that crime. It notes concerns regarding the U.S. Second...