- How will literacy be assessed in the next millennium? // Reading Research Quarterly;Apr-Jun2000, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p244
Presents information on how literacy should be assessed in the 21st century. Proper basis of assessing literacy; Suggestions of politicians and educators.
- Directions for Literacy Research and Education in the Millennium: A Framework for Library Connections. Asselin, Marlene // Teacher Librarian;Sep2000, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p60
Introduces projected areas of inquiry that will shape conceptions of literacy and literacy education. Standards for literacy; Purposes served by literacy; Considerations for literate text.
- What does the word 'literacy' bring to mind? // Hub (Hay River, NT);1/25/2012, Vol. 39 Issue 47, p4
The article offers the perspective of various readers including Elycia Nimegeers, Irene Angulalik, and Marty Norn regarding the concept of literacy.
- Keeping Current. // School Librarian's Workshop;Oct/Nov2009, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p2
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including "Stand Up and Be Counted," "Information Literacy Unit," and "Tracking the Trends."
- Readers and Wr/ters R'US. Owens, Roxanne Farwick // Reading Today;Oct/Nov2002, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p42
Focuses on a literacy support project funded by the Illinois Reading Council, titled 'Readers and Wr/ters R'US: A Community Alphabet Book Series Project Linking International, Rural, Urban and Suburban Teachers and Students.' Goals of the project.
- Literate at Last. Maslow, Jonathan // Atlantic (02769077);Aug90, Vol. 266 Issue 2, p28
Reports on the campaign in combatting adult illiteracy in the United States. Focus of Mississippi's literacy initiative on the concept of context; Creation of the 'Office for Literacy' in Mississippi; Study of program reforms and technological innovations.
- comment. Bird, Viv // Literacy Today;Mar2002, Issue 30, p3
Comments on the success of the National Literacy Strategy (NLS) in Great Britain. Details of continuing challenges of the NLS; Success of increasing collaboration with parents.
- LITERACY Today comment. Marshall, Michael // Literacy Today;Mar2008, Issue 54, p6
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including the replacement of the National Literacy Trust news section with NLT section, a report by Christina Clark on Trust's senior policy, and Diane Hofkins on the flaws in the Government's planned review of primary curriculum.
- The Ignorance Explosion: Survey Shows Sharply Climbing Figures. // Management Review;Mar67, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p47
Reports on the expansion of world illiteracy during the 1960s.