Will Serfin fly again?
- In Brief. // American Banker;6/21/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 117, p34
Reports on the Mexican government's plan to infuse capital into the financially beleaguered Grupo Financiero Serfin SA. Government's plan to take over the bank and eliminate existing shareholders; Causes of the bank's fiscal problems.
- Citigroup takes great leap forward in Mexico. // Caribbean Business;6/24/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 24, p11
Reports that the banking group Grupo Financiero Serfin of Mexico may be purchased by Puerto Rico-based Citigroup. Citigroup's acquisition of Banca Confia; Required capital standards for the Mexican banking company; Mexico government's plans for the bank; Other potential buyers of the bank;...
- Mexico Warned Against Outside Bank Influence. Costanzo, Chris // American Banker;6/25/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 121, p4
Reports that Mexico's former Treasury Secretary Jesus Silva Herzog has warned the financial community against letting foreign banks into the country. Federal takeover of Grupo Financiero Serfin; Banks' struggle to overcome a 1994 privatization effort.
- Serfin Financial Services: Break for the border. Brower, Alison // Adweek Western Edition;7/5/93, Vol. 43 Issue 27, p40
Introduces the print ads for Mexico's The Serfin Financial Group by Albert Frank-Guenther Law/New York ad agency. Description of ads.
- Mexico's Serfin to offer Visa and MasterCard. // American Banker;12/28/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 245, p14
Reports on Mexican banking group Grupo Financiero Serfin's offering of Visa and MasterCard credit cards. Use of cards in automated teller machines (ATMs) in Mexico and other countries; Other benefits of the cards.
- MasterCard's Maestro makes inroads in Mexico. Meece, Mickey // American Banker;2/18/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 34, p14
Reports on the Mexico's Grupo Financiero Serfin's entry into MasterCard International affiliate Maestro's global, on-line point of sale debit program. Requirements for customers in an on-line system; Banca Serfin's membership in Prosa; Number of Mexican point of sale terminals targeted by...
- Serfin wings. Crane, Agnes T. // Business Mexico;Aug1999, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the sale of Mexico-based bank Grupo Financiero Serfin to the government agency Institute for Savings Protection. Inability of the bank to raise sufficient capital; Impact of the government intervention on the bank's operations.
- Merger could create Mexico's no. 2 bank. // American Banker;6/15/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 114, p2
Reports on the merger discussions between Groupo Financiero Serfin and Groupo Financiero Inverlat that would create Mexico's second-biggest bank. Assets; Groupo Financiero Banamex-Accival; Banking personalities.
- An End to Bank Woes for Mexico? // Export Today's Global Business;Jul2000, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p8
Reports on the acquisition offer of Spain's Banco Santander Central Hispano for Grupo Financiero Serfin, a bank in Mexico. Significance of the bid to Mexico's banking system; Investment rate for financial service firms in Latin America.