Rewriting "Goldilocks" in the urban, multicultural elementary school
- Implementing STL in the Elementary Classroom. Wright, Robin // Technology & Children;Sep2001, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p16
Focuses on the implementation of the Standard for Technological Literacy in elementary school classrooms in Missouri. Emphasis on technology education; Association of technology education with school learning; Development of units and standards with an appropriate technology education.
- MOLU. // Graham Leader;1/5/2014, Vol. 138 Issue 41, p4B
Photographs of the Mobile Oilfield Learning Unit (MOLU) of the Offshore Energy Center at Woodland Elementary School on December 13, 2013 in Graham, Young County, Texas are presented.
- Networking paying off. // Media & Methods;Jan/Feb94, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p7
Assesses the performance of the Computer-Assisted Instruction Center established by the Michigan Community School District in several elementary schools. Increase in student achievement.
- Schools: iPads Are a Popular Teaching Tool. Ross, Jim // State Journal (WV);1/28/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p13
The article focuses on the use of decoy learning tools such as ipads and similar devices as a natural evolution of a classroom technology, which is adapted in Davis Creek Elementary School in Huntington, West Virginia.
- Peakview Elementary uses technology in a `total school' environment. // T H E Journal;Jun94, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p62
Features the educational technology program at Peakview Elementary in Aurora, Colorado. Elimination of textbooks; Interactive format coverage of school subjects; Division of K-5 students; Utilization of videodisc players from Pioneer New Media Technologies.
- Encouraging Technological Literacy in the Richmond City Schools. Whiting, Ginmger // Technology Teacher;Dec2001/Jan2002, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p23
Focuses on the encouragement of technological literacy in elementary schools in Richmond, Virginia. Use of a design brief in technology projects; Description of the card engineering project; Conversion of art projects to technology and math projects.
- 'Crosswalk the Standards' for Successful Implementation of Standards for Technological Literacy Within the Elementary Classroom. Hill, Jane Cunningham // Technology & Children;Sep2002, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p6
Evaluates the 'Standards for Technological Literacy: Content for the Study of Technology' guide. Importance of teaching technological literacy skills; Implementation of standards-based lesson in the elementary schools; Integration of content for the study of technology.
- What's the Best Formula for Enhancing Online Inquiry Skills? Hagerman, Michelle Schira; White, Amber // Reading Today;Dec2013/Jan2014, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p20
The article offers information on the activities designed by Ruth Fox Elementary in North Branch, Michigan to maximize digital literacies skills development and minimize summer learning loss. Highlights include the creation of students' digital called "Wonder," the use of online inquiry and...
- Is the One Laptop Per Child Enough? Viewpoints from Classroom Teachers in Rwanda. Fajebe, Ayodeji A.; Best, Michael L.; Smyth, Thomas N. // Information Technologies & International Development;
This study examines the implementation of the One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) program in Rwanda from the viewpoint of primary school teachers involved with the program. It seeks to understand how these teachers feel about the program, how they incorporate the low-cost laptops into their classrooms,...