- Running on Empty. Lichtman, Nathan // Current Health 1;Oct2006, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p12
This article presents facts about world hunger. INSET: FAMINE FIGHTERS.
- CORRECTION. CLIFFORD, NICHOLAS // Commonweal;6/1/2014, Vol. 141 Issue 10, p4
A correction to the article "Hunger Games" by Peter Quinn in the May 16, 2014 issue is presented.
- Starved for ideas. Eberstadt, Nicholas // Vital Speeches of the Day;3/1/97, Vol. 63 Issue 10, p298
Presents a speech by a visiting scholar at the American Enterprise Institute, a visiting fellow at the Harvard Center for Population and Development, given before the Parliamentarians day on the occasion of the World Food Summit in Rome, Italy, dealing with the issue of world hunger. Reasons...
- America's Second Harvest Conducting Hunger Survey. // Policy & Practice (19426828);Dec2004, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p7
Reports on America's Second Harvest's fourth study of hunger. Scope and nature of hunger in the U.S.
- Famine: The Black Horseman of the Apocalypse. Landau, Meryl // Social Science Docket;Winter/Spring2009, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p46
The article focuses on famine which has regularly plagued human societies since ancient times and continued to be a recurring problem in the twentieth century despite economic and political development. It explores the key issue of whether famine should be viewed as natural phenomenon or as...
- World Hunger: Asking the Right Questions. George, Susan // Educational Leadership;Sep1983, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p58
The article addresses world hunger. It mentions the excuses of educators for side-stepping issues like hunger, as do students who show little interest in learning about them. It reveals why curricular ethnocentrism is perhaps more pronounced in the U.S. It recommends that the best an outside can...
- THE MAN WHO EATS. Li, Yiyun // New Yorker;9/6/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 25, p106
Recounts the lessons learned by a Chinese boy about hunger from his grandfather. Attitude of the grandfather toward eating; Extent of hunger suffered by the grandfather during the famine years; Ways by which Chinese people survived in the midst of starvation.
- An Gorta MÃ³r. Murphy, Christopher // International Educator (1059-4221);Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p2
The author reflects on the lessons to be learned on the occurrence of the famine known as An Gorta MÃ³r or the Great Hunger in Great Britain. The occurrence of the Great Hunger in the middle of the nineteenth century has caused men, women and children to die of starvation. The starvation in...
- Hunger in Myanmar's "dry zone". // Filipino Post;4/17/2014, p17
The article reports that there is a hunger in Myanmar's central regions of Mandalay, Magway and Lower Sagaing, known as the "dry zone." The region is the home to a quarter of the country's 58 million people. It is stated that the hunger is pushing local people into hunger, malnutrition and debt....