- Russian Labor Market in Transition: Trends, Specific Features, and State Policy. Dmitriev, Mikhail; Maleva, Tatyana // Social Research;Winter97, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p1499
Discusses labor market conditions in postcommunist Russia. Regional differentiation in employment and unemployment; Origins of latent phenomena in the Russian labor market; Flexibility of the Russian labor market; Labor policy issues.
- A world beyond hire and fire. Daniel, Caroline // New Statesman;10/17/97, Vol. 126 Issue 4356, p28
Comments on the approach of the British government concerning the flexibility of its labor market. Differences in the approaches taken by three groups involved in shaping government labor policy; Factors for the success of the labor policy in the Netherlands; Focus of the British government on...
- Beyond recognition. Wilson, David // New Statesman & Society;6/11/93, Vol. 6 Issue 256, p22
Explains how union members are being denied pay rises for refusal to sign personal contracts. Appeal Court judges seeking to protect workers from being penalized for wanting to be represented by a union; National Union of Journalists father of chapel David Wilson's case; Payment penalty as...
- EDUCATION AND LABOR MARKET TIGHTNESS. Conly, Sonia // Monthly Labor Review;Oct74, Vol. 97 Issue 10, p51
Comments on the relationship between educational attainment and labor market tightness. Impact of labor market tightness on unemployment rates; Effects of changes in labor force composition on the tradeoff between inflation and unemployment; Implications on labor policy.
- New Labour and the labour market. Dickens, R; Gregg, P; Wadsworth, J // Oxford Review of Economic Policy;Spring2000, Vol. 16 Issue 1
Discusses issues and policies concerning Great Britain's labor market. Concentration of unemployment on certain individuals, groups and areas; Relationship between low wages and job loss; Distribution of work across households and child poverty; Levels of inactivity among men in social housing.
- Structural reforms: striving to boost productivity and employability. // OECD Economic Surveys: United Kingdom;Jun2000, Vol. 2000 Issue 11, p77
Reviews the progress accomplished in implementing reforms of product and labor market institutions and policies in Great Britain in the 1990s. Product market performance; Indicators of product market regulations; Measures which have been adopted to enhance the operation of the concurrency system.
- Labour market. // Autumn Report;Autumn2005, p61
The article reports on the labour market trends in Slovenia. It discusses the adjustment mechanism for wages and the minimum wage, the two most important wage policy instruments instruments in the country. It explains a method for collecting data on wages. Forecasts on gross wage per employee in...
- Slow work force growth: A challenge for the Midwest? Kaglic, Richard E.; Testa, William A. // Economic Perspectives;1999 2nd Quarter, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p31
Discusses problems associated with labor-constrained growth in the Middle West. Labor tightness in the Middle West; Case for continued labor market tightness; Policy responses to labor market tightness.
- Marital and family characteristics of the labor force in March 1973. Hayghe, Howard // Monthly Labor Review;Apr74, Vol. 97 Issue 4, p21
Examines the marital and family characteristics of the labor force of the U.S. in March 1973. Decline in the labor force participation rates of married men; Increase in the labor force participation rates of married women with young children; Policy implications on labor policies.