Gunning for a Fight
- A Little Bit of Gun Control. // Governing;May2009, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p15
The article presents the author's insight on the issues of gun control in the U.S. It states that because of the growing number of gun violence in the country, state legislators tend to propose tougher legislation that would control gun violence through managing the problem of gun trafficking....
- EXERCISING THE RIGHT: "... the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.". // New American (08856540);3/15/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p39
The article discusses issues concerning the right of the people to carry firearms in the U.S. It is stated that in Des Moines, Iowa, advocates of gun-rights are lobbying for a right-to-carry bill. A legislative bill that made legal the display of guns to warn attackers has been passed in New...
- Gun Control Foolishness. HALE, DUFF // Ellis County Press;8/27/2015, Vol. 24 Issue 21, p3
The article focuses on the aspects of gun policy in the U.S., citing the control of the firearms, the statistics of mortality caused by firearms compared to other factors including medical error, alcohol abuse, and drug abuse, and the political actions related to gun control.
- NEWS OF THE WEIRD. Shepard, Chuck // Missoula Independent;12/31/2015, Vol. 26 Issue 53, p12
No abstract available.
- Gun control crowd disarmed with facts. SOWELL, Thomas // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/7/2013 Supplement, Vol. 33, p12B
The article discusses aspects of gun control laws in the U.S. and in Great Britain. It notes that the law for firearms at U.S. schools is poor. It compares the murder rates in Great Britain and in the U.S. for more than two centuries. It emphasizes that gun control laws are counterproductive in...
- Gun control will not stop violence. Levy, Robert A. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);1/27/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p2
In this article the author reflects on the effectiveness of gun control law in the U.S. to stop violence.
- Gun control. Bounds, Linda // Ellis County Press;4/19/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p3
The article offers the author's perspective on the Second Amendment which offers Americans the right to keep and bear Arms, yet, they shall not infringed.
- Conclusion. // Research & Public Policy Series;2012, Issue 116, p53
The article reports on the condition of illegal firearm market in Australia. It notes that the complexity of illegal firearm markets have affected abilities to predict and disrupt supply. It mentions that the country's firearm laws only allowed the controlled access to handgun, automatic and...
- GUN CONTROL: POLITICAL FEARS TRUMP CRIME CONTROL. Cramer, Clayton E.; Olson, Joseph Edward // Maine Law Review;2009, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p57
The article focuses on the gun control laws in Great Britain. It notes that there were no laws regulating the possession, purchase, and peaceful carrying of firearms in Britain in 1870, but the Firearms Act of 1920 was introduced in 1920 to avoid misuse of firearms, gun running to Ireland, and...