Formal executive severance programs on the rise
- Severance packages for mid-level executives rise steeply. Leonard, Bill // HRMagazine;Oct96, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p8
Reports on the increase in severance pay for mid-level executives during the first six months of 1996, according to a report by Drake Beam Morin Inc. of New York. Average severance pay for mid-level executives for the period; Average tenure of executives for 1995 and 1996.
- Sweetening the deal. // PC Week;03/24/97, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p136
Focuses on the rise of severance pay for midlevel executives from 1994 through 1996. Two factors attributed to the increase.
- Bye-bye boss. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);07/30/99, Vol. 46 Issue 31, p1B
Presents information on the strategies of companies in providing severance payments to executives.
- Fair and square. Poe, Randall; Courter, Carol Lee // Across the Board;Mar1995, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p5
States that fired executives are generally satisfied with their severance pay. Findings from a Lee Hecht Harrison survey of outplaced managers in the United States; Average severance pay.
- Severance pay formalized for execs, poll says. // Employee Benefit News;Sep99, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p78
Presents the findings of a poll conducted by Hewitt Associates about executive severance programs in the United States. Response of companies with formalized executive severance packages when no change in control is involved; Comments from Robert Romanchek, an executive compensation consultant...
- Getting tough on fat cat failures. Mordue, Christopher // Employers Law;Jul/Aug2003, p8
Focuses on the limitations in the proposals of the British government in its attempt to express its desire to link executive pay-offs to work performance in order to end the practice of payment for failure as of July 2003. Terms of the Private Member's Bill proposed by Member of Parliament...
- Compensation Trends Reward CFO Risk-Taking. Vining, Kurt // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jan2002, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p82
Focuses on issues concerning retention payments and severance packages in compensation discussions for chief financial officers (CFO) of healthcare organizations in the U.S. Scenarios of typical retention offers in health care organizations; Advice for CFO regarding compensation discussions...
- Â£2.7 milLion bitt for Cabe redundancies. // Building Design;8/12/2011, Issue 1977, p5
The article reports that redundancy pay regarding the six-figure salaries of senior executives at Cabe cost the British taxpayers 2.7 million Â£.
- Firms reject law to curb top pay. Roberts, Zoe // People Management;5/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p8
Reports on the opposition of employers and human resource professionals against the decision of the British government to introduce additional legislation covering executive pay level when in 2003. Focus of the consultation paper released by the government involving severance pay-offs; Measure...