PMA mulls end of shekel
- Undaunted by terrorism, Israeli banks forge ahead. Wipperfurth, Heike // Crain's New York Business;9/17/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p26
Reports the operations of Israeli banks Bank Leumi USA, IDB Bank and Bank Hapoalim after the terrorist attack at the World Trade Center in New York, New York. Impact of the disaster on the banks; Commitment of the banks to expand operations in the city after the disaster; Financial performance...
- Israel: All Shook Up. // Emerging Markets Monitor;12/5/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 33, p1
Reports on the improvements on the profits earned by banks in Israel in 2005. Increase in the profits earned by Bank Hapoalim and Bank Leumi; Economic benefits of an increase stock market activities; Reason for the decision of banks to divest themselves of their asset management divisions.
- Israel. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;9/10/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 36, p22
Focuses on interim financial results reported by Israel's largest banks on August 31, 1999. Effect of the country's economic downturn on bank profits; Earnings posted by Israel Discount Bank; Net operating profits increase of Bank Hapoalim; Net profits for Bank Leumi; Analysts' assessment of...
- Israel Weighs Credit Database. // American Banker;7/25/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 143, p5
This article reports that the Bank of Israel could decide to support an initiative from the Israeli Finance Ministry to create a centralized database for consumer credit, according to the Israeli newspaper "Haaretz." The newspaper also suggests that the agreement will take place if the ministry...
- Bank Leumi Opens Branch In Fla. for Private Banking. Ackermann, Matt // American Banker;6/5/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 107, p7
Reports that the U.S. unit of Israel's Bank Leumi has opened a branch in Florida. Effort to expand its private banking business in the U.S.; Bank's earlier efforts to expand in the U.S. Opportunities provided by the Southern Florida expansion to the bank.
- Chase to run ADR program from Bank Leumi. // American Banker;11/17/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 222, p5
Reports on the program being planned by Chase Manhattan Bank and Bank Leumi le Israel to help Israeli companies issue American depository receipts and global depository receipts. Purpose of the move; Significance of the development; Information on depository receipts.
- Leumi Buying Riggs Channel Islands Unit. // American Banker;2/1/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 21, p20
Reports that Bank Leumi le-Israel Ltd., Israel's second-largest lender, said it has agreed to buy a unit of Riggs Bank of washington for about $37 milion to expand its private banking and overseas businesses.
- No Deal in Israel for Cerberus Gabriel. Hamerman, Joshua // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/28/2007, Vol. 73 Issue 21, p6
The article reports that Cerberus Capital Management and Gabriel Capital have failed to acquire a major bank in Israel. Bank Leumi le-Israel Ltd., as cited, is Israel's second-largest bank with $73 billion in total assets. Moreover, the two firms' option to purchase an additional 10.01 percent...
- short stuff... // Bank Technology News;Sep2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9
Presents news items concerning bank technology as of September 2001. Alliance between the Financial Services Technology Consortium and Massachusetts-based Meridien Research to identify trends in the financial services industry; Financial performance of CheckFree Corp.; Bank Leumi's offering of...