Adolescent literacy comes of age
- Defining the Literacy Agenda: Results of the 2013 What's Hot, What's Not Literacy Survey. Cassidy, Jack; Grote-Garcia, Stephanie // Reading Today;Aug/Sep2012, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p9
The article focuses on the findings of the International Reading Association's (IRA) 2013 What's Hot, What's Not Literacy Survey. In the survey, literary leaders from across the world were interviewed, including Richard Allington of Tennessee, Heather Bell of New Zealand, and Shelley Stagg...
- Promoting literacy through literature in Belize. Micklos Jr., John // Reading Today;Oct/Nov95, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the three-year project launched by the International Reading Association to promote literacy in Belize. Objectives; Start of the project; Situation of education in Belize.
- Washington office offers news tapes. // Reading Today;Dec/Jan96, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p6
Announces the availability of tape recorded updates on funding issues and legislative voting regarding literacy in the United States for members of the International Reading Association (IRA). Contact information.
- Manuscripts sought for literacy studies series. Vacca, Richard T. // Reading Today;Feb/Mar97, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p3
Reports on the International Reading Association and the National Reading Conference's teamup to publish a series of books about research, theory and practice related to specific issues in literacy. Series to help advance literacy policy and instruction for all students; Intended audience of...
- Literacy in the spotlight. // Reading Today;Oct/Nov97, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the celebration of International Literacy Day on September 8, 1997 in Washington, D.C. and Paris, France organized by the International Reading Association (IRA). Speakers' construction of a mosaic that showed the vital importance of literacy for the world; Collaboration between the...
- Literacy workshops. Headley, Kathy Neal // Reading Today;Oct/Nov97, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p38
Reports that the South Carolina State Council of the International Reading Association (SCIRA) has created Literacy Workshops. Steps in launching the workshops; Planning for site and publicity coordination; Success in the first year; Feedback from councils that hosted the 1994 sessions;...
- Plan now to celebrate Literacy Day. // Reading Today;Aug/Sep2000, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p37
Highlights the commemoration of the International Literacy Day on September 8, 2000. Plans for the event; Activities suggested by the International Reading Association.
- Grants deadline approaches. // Reading Today;Aug/Sep2000, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p38
Presents information on the literacy research grants to be awarded by the International Reading Association in 2000. Elva Knight Research Grants; Jeanne S. Chall Research Fellowship; Nila Banton Smith Research Dissemination Support Grant; Teacher as Researcher Grants.
- IRA offers new professional development collection for schools and school districts. // Reading Today;Jun/Jul2002, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p32
Provides information on the IRA+, a comprehensive collection of literacy resources from International Reading Association. Availability of the IRA+; Annual rate of the IRA+; Services included in IRA+.