Women and HIV: Closing the treatment gap
- Entre tramas e dramas: os significados do tratamento para mulheres de camadas populares vivendo com HIV/Aids. da Cunha, Claudia Carneiro // Physis: Revista de SaÃºde Coletiva;2010, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p931
This paper discusses the psychosocial meanings of HIV/Aids treatment, using qualitative methods to assess daily operations of a reference hospital, located in Baixada Fluminense, Rio de Janeiro's outskirts. In-depth interviews were carried out with 10 women living with HIV/Aids, under...
- PHS proposes `parallel track' for new AIDS drugs. // Public Health Reports;Sep/Oct90, Vol. 105 Issue 5, p541
Reports on the US Public Health Service's (PHS) proposal for speeding the availability of investigational new drugs for AIDS and HIV-related diseases by means of a parallel track mechanism. Selection of patients with life-threatening illnesses including AIDS; Views on the safeguards to parallel...
- MCOs, AIDS activists join forces on national database for disease-management strategies. // Managed Healthcare;Apr98, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p7
Reports on the HIV Treatment Data Project, a national database on HIV/AIDS treatments and disease-management being planned by the managed care industry and AIDS activists. Collaboration of the Group Health Cooperative Center for Health Studies and the University of Washington's Center for AIDS...
- Patterns of Plasma Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 RNA Response to Antiretroviral Therapy. Huang, W.; De Gruttola, V.; Fischl, M.; Hammer, S.; Richman, D.; Havlir, D.; Gulick, R.; Squires, K.; Mellors, J. // Journal of Infectious Diseases;5/15/2001, Vol. 183 Issue 10, p1455
Characterizes the patterns of HIV-1 RNA response to antiretroviral therapy in patients in four AIDS clinical trials. Modeling of HIV-1 RNA responses as on or off track; Missing HIV-1 RNA level data and censoring below quantification limits; Comparisons with protocol-defined virologic end points.
- Panel releases guidelines on AIDS drug treatment. // Nation's Health;Jul97, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p7
Provides information on the AIDS drug treatment guidelines released by the United States Panel on Clinical Practices for Treatment of HIV Infection. Recommendations stated on the guidelines.
- Long-term HIV survivor gives clues to beating AIDS. // Addiction Letter;Mar1995, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p5
Focuses on the ability of a woman infected with HIV-1 to suppress growth of the virus or the emergence of AIDS for many years. Immune system; Antibodies; Implications for improved AIDS vaccines and therapies.
- In-vivo Immunomodulation by Isoprinosine in Patients with the Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome and Related Complexes. Grieco, Michael H.; Reddy, Mohan M.; Manvar, Dolly; Ahuja, Kishore K.; Moriarty, Mary L. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Aug84, Vol. 101 Issue 2, p206
Discusses the effects associated with isoprinosine therapy on OKT4/OKT8 ratios and mitogen-induced lymphocyte transformation with cells from five patients with the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome and four with complexes related to the syndrome. Information on isoprinosine; Discussion on the...
- If the condom breaks. Gorman, Christine; Park, Alice // Time International (South Pacific Edition);06/23/97, Issue 25, p69
Looks at a so-called morning-after treatment for people who suspect they have been infected with the AIDS HIV virus. What the treatment consists of; Warnings from the US Food and Drug Administration about the dangers of protease inhibitors; The meeting of AIDS experts at the Centers for Disease...
- If the condom breaks. Gorman, Christine; Park, Alice // Time;6/23/1997, Vol. 149 Issue 25, p48
Looks at a so-called morning after treatment for people who suspect they have been infected with the AIDS HIV virus. What the treatment consists of; Warnings from the US Food and Drug Administration about the dangers of protease inhibitors; The meeting of AIDS experts at the Centers for Disease...