Immigration Act of 1921
- Immigration Quota Act of 1924. // Immigration Quota Act of 1924;2009, p1
Presents the text of the United States' Immigration Quota Act of 1924. Adjustments made to immigration quotas established in the act of 1921 and the Emergency Quota Act; Other stipulations.
- Breaking the Law Makes You Legal. O'Meara, Kelly Patricia // Insight on the News;11/29/99, Vol. 15 Issue 44, p22
Reports on the immigration policy of the United States that rewards illegal aliens. Details on basic immigration laws; Categories for family preferences; Provisions contained on the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996.
- INS detentions: No crime needed. Wirpsa, Leslie // National Catholic Reporter;07/17/98, Vol. 34 Issue 34, p3
Focuses on the effect of the 1996 United States' immigration laws on deportations. Increase in deportations in 1997; Costs of keeping illegal immigrants in jail; Problem of overcrowding in Immigration and Naturalization Service centers.
- Immigration policy is bottom-line issue. Mutz, John // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/9/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p17
Comments on immigration policies in the United States as of April 9, 2001. Socio-economic impact of immigrants; Focus on the problems with illegal aliens; Need for reform of the country's immigration policy.
- Memorandum on Delegation of Authority Under the Immigration and Nationality Act. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;10/4/99, Vol. 35 Issue 39, p1839
Presents the text of a memorandum given by Bill Clinton, president of the United States, on September 24, 1999 which deals with delegation of authority under the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1981.
- Don't slam the lid on the melting pot. R.E.B. // U.S. Catholic;Mar97, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p2
Provides insights on the problem with immigration in the United States. Question on the number of immigrants to the country; Problems with legal and illegal immigrants; Government's policy on immigration; Inconsistencies in immigration laws.
- Immigrants and Immigration Law: A State of the Field Assessment. Lee, Erika // Journal of American Ethnic History;Summer99, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p85
Examines the importance of immigration law to the study of immigration to the United States (US) especially during the late nineteenth and twentieth centuries. Definition of immigration law in the US; Development of US Immigration Law, 1875-1998; Directions of the scholarship on immigrants and...
- Response. Lee, Erika // Journal of American Ethnic History;Summer99, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p157
Comments on the assessments made by several sociologists and immigration historians on the trend in immigration history in the United States (US). Significance of the examination of immigration law in the US; Overview of laws and government policies on immigration around the world; Relationship...
- Prospects for Immigration Reform. Meissner, Doris // La Prensa San Diego;2/12/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p6
In this article the author discusses the U.S. comprehensive immigration reforms that gain different views from the opposing political parties.