On Gun Issue, Media Slant News Their Way
- WHAT THE MEDIA SAY. // Hill;10/14/2015, Vol. 22 Issue 95, p22
The article argues views of the U.S. media on miscellaneous topics including U.S. house Representative Tim Huelskamp of Kansas as a person who gain power through obstruction; Congress that should approve Trans-Pacific Partnership trade agreement; and decry limits on gun control on Oregon.
- PRIMARY SOURCES. // Atlantic;Nov2002, Vol. 290 Issue 4, p45
The article presents excerpts from several reports and studies by different offices and organizations, including the Office of the Inspector General, the Pew Research Center for the People & the Press, and The Brown Center of Education Policy at the Brookings Institution.
- No Media Bias? Sowell, Thomas // Human Events;7/14/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 23, p22
Discusses the prevalence of media bias in the U.S. Details on media bias on news related to abortion; Information on news reports about gun control; Overview of an article in the 'New York Times' newspaper related to the decision of the U.S. Supreme Court on the affirmative action admission...
- Washington watch. Stern, Chris // Broadcasting & Cable;7/3/95, Vol. 125 Issue 27, p31
Presents information on media related news in US as reported on July 3, 1995. Consequences faced by FCC because of the decision of The House Appropriations Committee's commerce subcommittee and House Telecommunications Subcommittee to freeze FCC funding; Opinion of Senator Paul Simon about the...
- Mega media top 13. Rathbun, Elizabeth // Broadcasting & Cable;8/7/95, Vol. 125 Issue 32, p6
Informs about top 13 mass media companies and their business activities. Rankings of Walt Disney Company, Time Warner Incorporated, Viacom Incorporated, and others.
- Entertainment. // Jet;5/21/90, Vol. 78 Issue 6, p57
Summarizes news in the entertainment world of special interest to blacks, including a controversial monument to Duke Ellington, cancellation of a James Brown benefit concert, and the signing of a movie deal with Paramount Pictures by talk show host Arsenio Hall.
- Picking the hits. // Psychology Today;Jul86, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p22
The risky business of picking winners in the entertainment and publishing fields often relies on a combination of experience, intuition and luck. But most entertainment experts can't explain even their own decision-making processes.
- Broadcasting, cable lead a revitalized media sector. Monroe, Ann // Investment Dealers' Digest;07/07/97, Vol. 63 Issue 27, p24
Focuses on the revitalization of the mass media industry in the United States. Trend towards mergers and consolidations in the radio and television industry; Proliferation of cable deals between major telecommunication companies; Largest media and telecommunications equity deals; Uncertainties...
- Buyers guide 93. // TCI: Theatre Crafts International;Dec92, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p10
Lists products of interest to the entertainment industry, chosen for products' significance, innovation, and continuing usefulness. Entertainment technology; Set design equipment; Theater props and equipment; Make-up products.