Executive Compensation at Fannie Mae: A Case Study of Perverse Incentives, Nonperformance Pay, and Camouflage
- Fannie Sweetens HomePath Program. Lepro, Sara // American Banker;6/15/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 92, p9
Brief information is given about U.S. government-sponsored enterprise Fannie Mae's HomePath program and incentives to encourage sales of real estate owned properties.
- Senate to Probe GSE Pay. Blackwell, Rob // American Banker;11/4/2011, Vol. 176 Issue F343, p15
The article reports that a hearing on the bonuses paid to executives at Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae has been announced by U.S. Senate Banking Committee Chairman Tim Johnson.
- Eye on the Corporate Cookie Jar. Green, Scott // Internal Auditor;Dec2005, Vol. 62 Issue 6, p37
The article discusses how seemingly smart and experienced directors approve compensation plans lacking appropriate incentives or fail to monitor the drivers determining value. Components of executive compensation are given. The chief audit executives should carefully consider not only the...
- Discussion: "Involuntary Benchmarking and Quality Improvement: The Effect of Mandated Public Disclosure on Hospitals" Banker, Rajiv D. // Journal of Accounting, Auditing & Finance;Summer97, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p347
This article comments on the article, Involuntary Benchmarking and Quality Improvement: The Effect of Mandated Public Disclosure on Hospitals, published in the June 1, 1997 issue of the Journal of Accounting Auditing & Finance. The contribution of this paper is best appreciated in the context of...
- Compensation & Recruitment. // Corporate Board;May/Jun2012, Vol. 33 Issue 194, p26
The article reports on the findings of survey on compensation and recruitment conducted by Mercer. It notes that shareholders, advocates, and regulators continue to demand pay for performance with the renewed economic volatility and more companies were making changes to plan performance...
- Managing the complex relationship between executive pay and performance. Kozan, Jeff; Boulanger, Claude // Ivey Business Journal;May/Jun2004, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p1
A well designed pay program must attract and retain high caliber executives. Meeting this challenge has become more intense and complex since stock options began to fall out of favour. These authors, specialists in executive compensation, put forward alternative programs that can complement, or...
- Bill would stop multi-million dollar bonus packages. // North Western Financial Review;12/15/2011, Vol. 196 Issue 24, p22
The article reports that the U.S. House Financial Services Committee has voted on the Equity in Government Compensation Act, which would require the top executives of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae to have compensation packages.
- U.S. Senate Approves Amendment Banning Fannie, Freddie Bonuses. // State Journal (WV);2/10/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p3
The article reports on the passage of the bipartisan amendment that ban bonuses for executives of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac by the U.S. Senate.
- The ProPublica Blog: Fannie Execs Blame Failure on Company's 'Impossible' Dual Purpose. Wang, Marian // Pro Publica;4/ 4/2010, p25
A blog related to the financial performance of Fannie Mae is discussed.