Intelligent Lighting--The Smart Way To Go Green
- Lighting by Horton Lees Brogden reveals the many facets of Morphosis's Caltrans Building. Weathersby Jr., William // Architectural Record;May2006, Vol. 194 Issue 5, p178
The article examines the architectural lighting in the California Department of Transportation District 7 Building in Los Angeles. Motordom kinetic neon installation wraps the four-story outdoor entry plaza of the building. The architectural elements of the building like benches and plinths are...
- Healthy Mind, Body & Bottom Line. Trively, Paul // Lighting Design & Application;May2005, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p74
Discusses the importance of lighting control solutions to healthcare facilities. Impact of lighting environment on the overall healing process of patients; Role of light control solutions in the prevention of medical errors and patient discomfort; Energy savings benefits of integrated lighting...
- What Can Be Taught and What Must Be Learned. BARTHOLOMEW, EDWARD // Lighting Design & Application;Mar2009, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p16
The article discusses the author's experience in teaching architectural lighting. The author notes that lighting is difficult to teach due to its intangibility as a creative medium. He relates that more students want to explore light as a sustainable element in architectural designs. The author...
- LUMINANCE DISTRIBUTION OVER THE FIRMAMENT: TAKING IT INTO ACCOUNT WHEN DESIGNING NATURAL ILLUMINATION FOR BUILDING. Solovyov, Alexei K. // Light & Engineering;2009, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p59
Since the beginning of the twentieth century several generations of light engineers designing natural illumination for building, have studied luminance distribution over the firmament. The researchers understood that luminance distribution directly influences light illuminance distribution...
- Light and Human Health. Monroe, Linda K. // Buildings;Mar2004, Vol. 98 Issue 3, p20
Discusses a research which investigated the role of interior lighting to human health. Examples of the therapeutic applications of light; Assessment of the biological effects of light; Benefits from ultraviolet light. INSET: Circadian Rhythm and Light.
- Natural Born Lighting. // Lighting Design & Application;Feb2004, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p40
Describes the lighting design of the concession area of the Orlando International Airport in Orlando, Florida. Details of the concessions program; Creation of a theme for the lighting architecture; Lighting design features of the food court ceiling.
- WHO'S BUYING INTERIOR LIGHTING. // DSN Retailing Today;1/10/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p21
This article presents graphical information on the purchase of interior lighting by consumers. The information is based on purchases across all channels between October 2003 and September 2004 in the following lighting categories: ceiling flush mount, chandelier, track light, recessed light,...
- D'ac Lighting. // Contract;Mar2004, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p22
Designed by designer Peter Wooding, Diva from d' ac Lighting is a small-scale direct/indirect pendant luminaire that offers focused downlighting in a contemporary design. Characterized by a bell-shape housing and flared top cap, Diva pendants are illuminated by one 50-watt, bi-pin halogen lamp.
- Linear cinema lighting. // Cinema Technology;Jan1997, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p3
The article reports on the new range of low voltage lighting to provide safety lighting in areas of low visibility, as well as highlight and illuminate attractive features of interior design. According to sources, the Linelite light-emitting diodes are fully encapsulated within a high impact...