- Editorial Introduction. Statkus, Susan; Rivalland, Judith; Rohl, Mary // Australian Journal of Language & Literacy;Feb2006, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p4
The article discussed various reports published within the issue, including one by Maureen Walsh on the reading process with print, visual and multimodal texts and another by Julie Hamston on multiliteracies.
- Editorial Introduction. Unsworth, Lens; Buckland, Corinne // Australian Journal of Language & Literacy;Jun2008, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p100
A preface for the May 2008 issue of the "Australian Journal of Language and Literacy" is presented.
- Editorial. Kamil, Michael L.; Green, Judith L.; Tierney, Robert J. // Reading Research Quarterly;1992, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p183
The article introduces various literacy-related studies published within the issue, including a broad definition of literacy, and researcher's assumptions on literacy process and the theoretical frameworks guiding their work.
- Health Literacy: A National Priority. Carmona, Richard H. // JGIM: Journal of General Internal Medicine;Aug2006, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p803
A foreword to the "Journal of General Internal Medicine" is presented.
- Advancing the Field of Health Literacy. Kripalani, Sunil; Paasche-Orlow, Michael K.; Parker, Ruth M.; Saha, Somnath // JGIM: Journal of General Internal Medicine;Aug2006, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p804
The article discusses various reports published within the August 2006 issue of the "Journal of General Internal Medicine," which includes several studies and research related to the role of literacy in health care.
- Untitled. White, Jesse // Illinois Literacy;Fall2007, p1
A preface for the September 2007 issue of "Illinois Literacy" is presented.
- Foreword. Cassidy, Jack; Garrett, Sherrye Dee // CEDER Yearbook;2009, preceding p1
A foreword to "Literacy Coaching: Research and Practice: 2009 CEDER Yearbook" is presented.
- INTRODUCTION. // College Reading Association Yearbook;2005, Issue 27, pxi
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Jon Shapiro on literacy beliefs and practices and another on the role of the literacy professional by Betty Sturtevant.
- The Thank You Tradition. Zabel, Diane // Reference & User Services Quarterly;Summer2007, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p6
This section presents an introduction to the articles featured in the June 2007 issue of the "Reference & User Services Quarterly," including one by Lori Mestre on diverse learning styles in an online environment and another by Craig Gibson on information literacy.