- Proposed Immigration Reform and Control Legislation. // Congressional Digest;Oct83, Vol. 62 Issue 10, p226
Focuses on the proposed immigration reform and control legislation in Central America. Existing immigration laws; Travel laws; Rights of immigrants.
- The border dispute. // American City & County;May2010, Vol. 125 Issue 5, p24
The article announces the passage of a new law in Arizona which requires police officers to check the immigration status of anyone whom they suspect have entered the country illegally.
- French Bishops Denounce Immigration Law Changes. // America;10/29/2007, Vol. 197 Issue 13, p6
The article reports that the Catholic bishops of France have criticized the proposed immigration amendments that would allow the collection of ethnic data for migrants who seek to join family members in the country. They oppose the amendments as well as the proposed DNA testing for migrants...
- Employers Face Stiff New Penalties for Immigration Violations. // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;May2008, Vol. 107 Issue 5, pC2
An excerpt about immigration violations from the February 28, 2008 edition of "asatoday" is presented.
- Who will be left to speak for me? Tatum, Elinor // New York Amsterdam News;5/6/2010, Vol. 101 Issue 19, p12
The author reflects on the debate regarding the immigration legislation in Arizona. The author highlights that the U.S. is considered as a land of immigrants and everyone must go into the legal process of immigration. The author states that majority of the population is based on diversity and...
- Untitled. // New Yorker;1/27/1962, Vol. 37 Issue 50, p29
The article reports on the seizure of a person who lost an appeal on the deportation matter by the agents of the Immigration at a hotel in Washington. The person was moved to Baltimore, Maryland and put on a train for Italy.
- Two Immigration Programs. // Saturday Evening Post;5/5/1934, Vol. 206 Issue 45, p26
Focuses on two proposals aimed at resolving deficient immigration laws in the U.S. Proposition to create a branch or bureau of the government to facilitate the adjustment of aliens to his altered condition of life during the years between his admission and his naturalization; Proffer to employ...
- Credibility Assessments and the REAL ID Act's Amendments to Immigration Law. Rempell, Scott // Texas International Law Journal;Fall/Winter2008, Vol. 44 Issue 1/2, p185
The article provides information on the amendments about REAL ID Act in the U.S. It describes an overview of asylum law and explains the divergent pre-REAL ID Act interpretations in the court of appeals. Meanwhile, the article also reviews some aspects that are unchanged by the act that can...
- POST-WAR MIGRATION PROBLEMS: THE FAR EAST. Lasker, Bruno // Social Forces;Dec43, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p130
Either the Atlantic Charter nor any authoritative interpretation of the U.S. policy in regard to its implementation is specific on the subject of international migration. Both the declaration and its numerous commentaries make it clear that movements of goods beyond national boundaries call for...