Memory can turn men into heroes
- An Austrian Lloyd Seal from Jaffa. ARBEL, YOAV // STRATA: Bulletin of the Anglo-Israel Archaeological Society;2014, Vol. 32, p109
A rare lead seal of the shipping company Austrian Lloyd was found during salvage excavations at the center of Jaffa. The seal is dated to the turn of the 20th century, a time of fundamental changes in Jaffa affecting a wide range of fields, from city planning, architecture and infrastructure to...
- 2: Challenges to Separatism: Joint Action by jewish and Arab Workers in Jewish-Owned Industry in Mandatory Palestine. Bernstein, Deborah S. // New Israel: Peacemaking & Liberalization;2000, p17
Chapter 2 of the book "New Israel: Peacemaking & Liberalization," is presented. It explores the joint action by Jewish and Arab Workers in Jewish-owned industry in Palestine. The economy of Palestine has been made up of two major economic sectors, the Jewish and the Arab sectors, which were...
- Chapter 2: The State of Israel versus the Palestinian Internal Refugees. Masalha, Nur; Cohen, Hillel // Catastrophe Remembered: Palestine, Israel & the Internal Refugee;2005, p56
Chapter 2 of the book "Catastrophe Remembered: Palestine, Israel & the Internal Refugees: Essays in Memory of Edward W. Said" is presented. It explores the issues of Palestinian internal refugees in Israel, in relation to the State of Israel. The Palestinians in Israel, who were uprooted during...
- Sixty-two years of catastrophe. Iltis, Tony // Green Left Weekly;5/12/2010, Issue 836, p13
The article focuses on the condition of the 62-year conflict between Palestine and Israel. The International Solidarity for Human Rights Foundation has reported the increasing number of fatalities due to the six decades of war. In addition, there are about 285 Palestinians have been kidnapped by...
- Palestine Betrayed. Smith, Charles D. // Middle East Journal;Winter2011, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p155
A review of the book "Palestine Betrayed," by Efraim Karsh is presented.
- Zion and the Arabs. LeBor, Adam // World Policy Journal;Winter2007/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p61
The article presents a reflection on the lives of the people affected in the Israeli-Arab conflict, specifically in Jaffa, Tel Aviv, Israel. During the outbreak of war, the author discloses that Arabs in Jaffa fled, some were exiled and experienced dispossession, and some chose to stay. He cites...
- 1972 Munich Olympics Massacre. // Acts of War & Terror;1/8/2006, p2
The article provides background information on the 1972 Munich, Germany, Olympics massacre in which Palestinian terrorists murdered two members of the Israeli Olympic contingent at the Munich Olympic Village and took nine others hostage in an effort to force the release of Palestinians held...
- Remembering Deir Yassin. Twair, Pat McDonnell // Middle East;Dec98, Issue 285, p49
Profiles American economics professor Dan McGowan. Battle waged by McGowan to commemorate a bloody injustice done to Palestinian people who were massacred in the village of Deir Yassin by Zionist extremists in 1948; Deir Yassin Remembered as organization established for McGowan's crusade.
- Introduction: The Importance of the Middle East. // Palestine Mandate & the Creation of Israel, 1920-1949;2008, p6
An introduction to the book "Palestine Mandate & the Creation of Israel, 1920-1949," by Alan H. Luxenberg is presented.