Caterpillar, JLG enter alliance
- JLG finalises telehandler deal with Cat. // PMJ: Plant Managers Journal;Dec2005, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p5
The article reports on a global alliance signed by JLG with Caterpillar for the design and production of branded telescopic handlers in Belgium and the U.S. The agreement will cause a change of location in the telescopic handler production of Caterpillar in 2006. JLG will also provide...
- Cat, Navistar form joint venture, alliance for truck production. // Trailer / Body Builders;Apr2009, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p4
The article reports on an agreement signed by Caterpillar Inc. and Navistar International Corp. to produce Caterpillar heavy-duty vocational trucks for sale in North America and form a 50/50 joint venture that will pursue global commercial truck opportunities outside of the continent. It cites...
- Navistar, Caterpillar strengthen truck ties. Mele, Jim // Fleet Owner;May2009, Vol. 104 Issue 5, p31
The article reports on the partnership between Caterpillar Inc. and Navistar International Corp. in building and marketing trucks globally and in creating a full lineup of vocational trucks to be marketed by Caterpillar dealers in North America. These companies said that they will be making a...
- Telehandlers unveiled. // Contract Journal;1/23/2002, Vol. 412 Issue 6361, p18
Announces the unveiling of a range of telehandlers designed for the European market from U.S. access manufacturer JLG at the Conexpo exhibition in Las Vegas in March 2002. Description of the range of JLG telehandlers; Remarks from JLG chairman, president and chief executive Bill Lasky.
- JLG Reopens Manufacturing Facility, Plans New R&D Facility. // Rental Equipment Register;Feb2006, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p108
Announces the reopening of the manufacturing facility of JLG Industries in Bedford, Pennsylvania. Total area of the facility; Operations of the company that will be consolidated at the facility; Plan of the company to build a research and development facility; Comments from JLG Industries CEO...
- Sale of 'Gradall' Unit Brings JLG Industries $39 Million and More Upward Mobility. Hampton, Tudor // ENR: Engineering News-Record;2/13/2006, Vol. 256 Issue 6, p19
The article informs that Bill Lasky, chairman, president and chief executive officer of JLG Industries Inc., sold the firm's Gradall line for $39.4 million in cash. According to Lasky, the Gradall excavator is the first piece of construction equipment that he ever operated in his life. The...
- Innovations in Distribution. Cravotta, Nicholas // EDN;6/26/2008, Vol. 53 Issue 13, Special section p3
The article comments on the increasing trend of partnership between system engineers and their distributors and suppliers. It is noted that more engineers are realizing that partnering with one's distributor and suppliers has become a vehicle for securing availability of product, as well as for...
- Ohio CAT - Columbus, Ohio. // Rental Equipment Register Exclusive Insight;6/ 8/2012, p13
The article announces that exclusive and authorized Caterpillar equipment and engines dealer for the Ohio, Northern Kentucky, and Southeastern Indiana area, Ohio CAT, is looking to fill the position of Pump & Trench Shoring Rental and Sales specialist.
- Caterpillar Mobilizing Relief and Equipment for Storm-Affected Areas. // Rental Equipment Register Exclusive Insight;10/31/2012, p10
The article reports that Caterpillar is working with all of its dealers to mobilize equipment, personnel and other resources to affected areas in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.