- No meat? What your family must eat. Thompson, Sue // Australia's Parents;Aug/Sep96, Issue 94, p79
Presents a guide to a healthy vegetarian diet for children and babies. Foods that must be included for balanced healthy vegetarian eating; Important nutrients; Vegetarian recipes.
- a solid start. Sears, William // Baby Talk;May2003, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p34
Answers to question on baby feeding. Ideal first foods; Drawbacks to feeding children with a vegetarian meal; Effects of sugary foods on children's health.
- Proceedings of the 3rd Expert Consultation and Planning Meeting on Infant and Young Child Nutrition-(Part 1). Amarra, Sofia; Chan, Pauline // Malaysian Journal of Nutrition;2013, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p131
During the 2nd ILSI SEA Region Expert Consultation and Planning Meeting in 2011, the following information gaps were identified: (i) Some Southeast Asian countries did not have data on infant and young child feeding (IYCF) indicators; (ii) There is a need to know the reasons for the disparities...
- Proceedings of the 3rd Expert Consultation and Planning Meeting on Infant and Young Child Nutrition-(Part 2). Amarra, Sofia; Chan, Pauline // Malaysian Journal of Nutrition;2013, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p139
Introduction: The Infant and Early Childhood Nutrition Task Force, International Life Sciences Institute Southeast Asia (ILSI SEA) Region, organised the 1st and 2nd Expert Consultation and Planning Meeting on Infant and Early Childhood Nutrition in 2009 and 2011, respectively. The goal of the...
- In the kitchen with baby. LAIR, CYNTHIA // Mothering;Nov/Dec98, Issue 91, p36
Deals with the preparation of foods for babies. Issues on organic produce and organic foods; How to prepare baby food; Tips in preparing foods for babies.
- Raising a Veggie Baby. Michels, Dia; Scully, Shannon // Baby Talk;Mar2000, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p14
Discusses the nutritional needs of babies and how to raise vegetarian babies. Nutrients needed by babies; Benefits of breast milk or soy formula that is fortified with iron and vitamin D; Dietary sources of some nutrients.
- Infant-feeding patterns are related to blood cholesterol concentration in prepubertal children aged 5-11 y: The Fleurbaix-Laventie Ville SantÃ© study. Plancoulaine, S.; Charles, M.A. // European Journal of Clinical Nutrition;Feb2000, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p114
Focuses on a study which examined the relationship between infant-feeding patterns and blood cholesterol concentrations in prepubertal children in northern France after taking into account their current diet and parental hypercholesterolemia. Methodology of the study; Results and discussion;...
- Validation of food diary method for assessment of dietary energy and macronutrient intake in infants and children aged 6-24 months. Lanigan, J. A.; Wells, J. C. K. // European Journal of Clinical Nutrition;Feb2001, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p124
Presents information on a study which compared the estimated food diary record method against weighed intake record method (WI) for assessing dietary intake in infants and children aged 6-24 months, and compared WI with metabolisable energy intake measured by doubly labeled water in infants aged...
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC): Income Eligibility Guidelines. // Federal Register;3/29/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 61, p19180
The article discusses a correction to a notice document on special supplemental nutrition program for women, infants and children in the U.S., particularly on eligibility guidelines.