Time for Our Leaders to STOP AND THINK about INTELLIGENT DESIGN
- TEACHING EVOLUTION. Bryner, Jeanna // Instructor;Sep2005, Vol. 115 Issue 2, p37
Focuses on teaching the theory of evolution in schools. Statement issued by U.S. President George W. Bush regarding intelligent design and evolution belonging in the public school curriculum; Information on intelligent design; Approach of teacher Sharon Higgins to teaching evolution in her...
- Assessing Leaders Worldwide: June 16th, 2008. // World Public Opinion Poll - Topic of Views on Countries & Region;2008, p1
The article presents a list of political leaders from across the world including U.S. President George W. Bush, France's President Nicolas Sarkoz, and Great Britain's Prime Minister Gordon Brown.
- Will evading questions spell success for Bush? Cappo, Joe // Crain's Chicago Business;09/06/99, Vol. 22 Issue 36, p8
Presents an imaginary conversation between the author and politician George W. Bush. Use of any illegal drugs as ground for disqualification; Reasons for evading the drug-related question; Other personal secrets.
- President Bush Delivers State of the Union Address. // PA Times;Feb2007, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p1
A photograph of U.S. President George W. Bush and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi before Bush delivered the State of the Union address on January 23, 2007 is presented.
- The Company He Keeps. Barnes, James A. // National Journal;8/07/99, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p2284
Profiles Texas Governor George W. Bush as a practical politician. Choice of advisers by George W. Bush; Openness as George W. Bush's style in dealing with the Texas state Legislature; Comparison of campaign techniques between Bill Clinton and Bush.
- Double Takes. // Washingtonian Magazine;May2007, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p50
A photo essay which documents political leaders and politicians in the U.S., including U.S. President George W. Bush and First Lady Laura Bush, is presented.
- Why Lines Must Be Drawn. Krauthammer, Charles // Time International (South Pacific Edition);8/23/2004, Issue 33, p33
The article presents the views of several politicians in the U.S. about embryonic stem-cell research. In his radio address to the nation on August 7, 2004, John Kerry, a member of the Democratic Party, said that stem-cell research must not be banned. U.S. President George W. Bush says that he...
- THE ART OF COMPROMISE. Barnes, James A. // National Journal;8/18/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 33/34, p2632
Discusses the significance of compromise to a politician. Contention on the decision of United States President George W. Bush to allow federal funding for stem cell research despite an earlier compromise to block the funding; Factors to be considered by a politician in dealing with a delicate...
- EDITORIAL. // Australasian Science;Oct2005, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p1
Comments on the rise of the intelligent design belief on the biblical account of creation of some fundamentalists. Claim of ID on natural selection in human creation; Departure of ID from science to complex human structures; Support of U.S. President George W. Bush and Australian Science...