SEX EDUCATION IN THE SCHOOLS
- Sex, Etc. Dar, Mahnaz; Diaz, Shelley M.; Farrell, Della; Grabarek, Daryl; Parrott, Kiera; Toth, Luann; Turner, Kent // School Library Journal;Oct2016, Vol. 62 Issue 10, p30
The article reviews the periodical "Sex, Etc."
- Adolescente e Sexualidade: as possibilidades de um projeto de extensÃ£o na busca de uma adolescÃªncia saudÃ¡vel. DE GODOY MARTINS, CHRISTINE BACCARAT; SALOMÉ DE SOUZA, SOLANGE PIRES // Avances en Enfermeria;ene-jun2013, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p170
No abstract available.
- A Typology Approach to Describing Parents as Communicators about Sexuality. Rosenthal, Doreen; Senserrick, Teresa; Feldman, Shirley // Archives of Sexual Behavior;Oct2001, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p463
Presents a study concerning parents' roles as communicators of sex and sexuality to their children, and their ability to communicate effectively. Results of a questionnaire given to teenagers and their parents examining the frequency of parental communications about sexuality and the...
- The value of agony aunts. Boynton, Petra M // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);6/28/2003, Vol. 326 Issue 7404, p1465
Argues that abstinence only programs do not work because they make young people more afraid. Finding that teenagers are more likely to use the media than other sources of information for advice on personal sex questions; Legislation in Great Britain; Evidence that advice on sex does not lead to...
- Young People, Pornography, and Sexuality: Sources and Attitudes. Wallmyr, Gudrun; Welin, Catharina // Journal of School Nursing (Allen Press Publishing Services Inc.);Oct2006, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p290
The purpose of this study was to investigate the use of and attitudes among young people toward pornography and their sources of information about sexuality. Eight hundred and seventy-six young people ages 15-25 years (555 females and 321 males) who visited a youth center in Sweden for a period...
- Scarleteen: Sex Education in the Real World. Mitchoff, Kate Houston // School Library Journal;Jul2003, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p57
Reviews the Web site Scarleteen: Sex Education in the Real World.
- A Comparison of English and Dutch Sex Education in the Classroom. Lewis, Jane; Knijn, Trudie // Education & Health;2001, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p59
Presents a study of practice in secondary schools in Great Britain and the Netherlands in respect of sex education and a content analysis of the printed resources used in science. Difference between British and Dutch teenage pregnancy rates; Influence of sex education on teenage pregnancy; Aim...
- Facts about Sexual Freedom. // Education Digest;Sep1968, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p12
This article presents information on sex education in the United States. Although some people doubtless find the language and tenor of some discussions repugnant or in bad taste, sex as a discussable subject has come out of the bull session into the public domain. The first sexual freedom, then,...
- TALKIN' 'BOUT MY PROPAGATION. // Best Life;Feb2006, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p60
The article presents information on the results of a survey in 2006 in the U.S. about the views of teenagers on parental sex discussion. Majority of the teenagers think parents did well in discussing sex. Many of the teenagers whose age ranged from 15 to 17 have been told by their parents about sex.