Washington: Half a Loaf and Half Baked
- Eichel renews energy legislation. // European Power News;Dec99, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p1
Reports on German finance minister Hans Eichel's unveiling of a series of policy revisions to the country's renewable energy legislation. Effect of the proposed changes on the feed-in law that supports renewables through subsidies related to the electricity retail price; Establishment of a...
- ANOTHER PERSPECTIVE. Brier, M. William // Electric Perspectives;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p72
Advocates for the enactment of the comprehensive energy legislation currently under consideration by the U. S. Congress. Major provisions of the proposed legislation; Opinions expressed in the mass media regarding the legislation; Provisions in the bill for consumer energy assistance programs...
- THIRD READING: BRITISH COLUMBIA. // Parliamentarian;2010, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p183
The article presents a summary of the bills including Consumption Tax Rebate and Transition Act in British Columbia and Australian Centre for Renewable Energy Act 2010 in Australia.
- Electricity industry criticises renewables law. // Modern Power Systems;Oct97, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p12
Highlights the criticism issued by the German electricity industry association (VDEW) against the renewable energy technologies law in the country. Opinion of the group on the legislation; Expenditure of Germany on renewable sources in 1996; Other claims made by VDEW.
- The New Polish Act on Renewable Energy Sources. Rakoczy, Bartosz // Renewable Energy Law & Policy Review;2015, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p176
A summary is presented of the Act on Renewable Energy Sources, passed by the Sejm of the Republic of Poland on January 20, 2015.
- Initiatives Across the Country. Arvin, Carey // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Aug2001, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p8
Focuses on the citizen ballot initiatives in the United States. Effect of the November 2000 election on the momentum of initiative campaigns across the country; Information on various initiative campaigns on taxes proposed by Tim Eyman; Details of the initiative campaign for the construction of...
- Pressure mounts for green feed-in tariff. Milne, Roger // Utility Week;10/24/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 23, p22
The article reports on the parliamentary pressure on the government of Great Britain to introduce a feed-in-tariff. Green groups, renewable energy interests and organizations want the measure to support heat, electricity and renewable gas. A cross-party amendment to the bill has been drawn up...
- China. BRANDT, JORDAN; COLE, ELIZABETH; EDELBERG, PAUL B.; FRAZIER, KELLY; KAPTZAN, ROBIN GEROFSKY; LEUNG, ALICE; MA, JIN; NING, SUSAN; TAO, HUANG; WARREN, ADRIA; WILSON, JEFFREY; YANG, YANG // International Lawyer;Spring2011, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p487
The article focuses on developments related to various laws in China during 2010. It mentions that the Tort Law became effective on July 1 and discusses the concept of tort liability under the Tort Law. It informs that a revision of the original Renewable Energy Law has been announced in the...
- Offshore Renewable Energy Development in the British Islands: Legal and Political Risk. Plant, Glen // Renewable Energy Law & Policy Review;2013, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p120
The article discusses the legal and political risk of offshore renewable energy (ORE) development in the British Islands. It mentions that such exploitation creates a central pillar of Great Britain's plans for a decarbonised economy along with its aim in reducing costs and offering of long-term...