- Appendix B--Sample Evaluation Checklists. // School Libraries in Canada;2003, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p30
Presents an excerpt from the appendix B of the publication 'Achieving Information Literacy: Standards for School Library Programs in Canada (2003),' which focuses on promoting information literacy in school libraries.
- Essential connections: school and public libraries for lifelong learning. Bundy, Alan // Australian Library Journal;Feb2002, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p47
Focuses on the response of the public library on lifelong learning in Australia. Importance of information literacy; Cooperation between school and public libraries; Promotion on the enjoyment of reading.
- A Discipline-Based Approach to Information Literacy. Grafstein, Ann // Journal of Academic Librarianship;Jul2002, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p197
Argues that the responsibility for teaching information literacy (IL) should be shared throughout an academic institution, rather than limited to the library. Historical context of librarians and IL; Description of the college library; Goals and objectives of teaching IL.
- Producers of Information. Kazmer, Michelle M. // Journal of Education for Library & Information Science;Summer2009, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p127
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Loyd G. Mbabu on information literacy education, another one by Cassidy R. Sugimoto, Terrell G. Russell and Sheryl Grant on the Library and Information Science (LIS) doctoral education, and another one by Nicole...
- Leadership challenges in academic libraries in Moldova, Norway and Romania. Repanovici, Angela; Landoy, Ane // Qualitative & Quantitative Methods in Libraries;2014, Issue 3, p701
The main focus in the Moldovan-Norwegian library development project "Development of New Information Services for Moldovan Higher Economic Education", is on developing the academic library of ASEM, Economic Academy of Science of Moldavia, for the benefit of Moldovan students and scholars. This...
- INFORMATION LITERACY IN NEW ZEALAND PUBLIC LIBRARIES. Koning, Alisa // APLIS;Dec2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p159
Presents a survey of information literacy practices in public libraries in New Zealand. Definition of information literacy; Partnerships to provide information literacy education; Dcumentation of libraries for information literacy.
- Collaboration and information literacy in Portuguese school libraries: a challenge for the future. Novo, Ana // Qualitative & Quantitative Methods in Libraries;Jun2016, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p473
This paper is based on the analysis of the interviews conducted in 2006/07, as part of a PhD research, and on the work developed in teaching a Master course, at Universidade Aberta in the academic years 2013/14, 2014/15 and 2015/16 whose students are teacher librarians or belong to the school...
- Partners for Success. // Knowledge Quest;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p17
Outlines the four online modules which provides an overview of the contents of Mansfield University's school library advocacy training program for principals. Influence of school library media program on academic achievement; Definition of information literacy; Recognition of the contributions...
- Where's the Library in Service Learning?: Models for Engaged Library Instruction. Riddle, John S. // Journal of Academic Librarianship;Mar2003, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p71
Argues that information literacy can play a vital role in service learning pedagogy by advancing three models of library instruction. Characteristics and definition of service learning; Background on studies demonstrating the affective and cognitive learning outcomes of service learning; Impact...