Medicare And Medicaid Defined
- The ABCs of medicare & medicaid: Top questions answered. // Executive Health's Good Health Report;Sep99, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p1
Answers various questions on Medicare and Medicaid. Includes a question on the types of services covered under Medicare Part A and Part B; Diabetic supplies covered; Plans and choices available under Medicare + Choice.
- Medicaid public notice regulation generates litigation. Sutter, Ronald N.; Glaser, D. Louis // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Mar95, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p68
Cites the need for Medicare providers to adhere to public notice requirements in establishing Medicaid payment rates. Necessity of detailed notice; Federal government reliance on regulation.
- President protects Medicare and Medicaid spending in FY96 budget. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Apr95, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p6
Reports on President Bill Clinton's decision not to include proposals for cuts in Medicare and Medicaid spending in his budget for fiscal year 1996. Increase in request for Medicare and Medicaid benefits and operating costs; Ratio of HCFA budget covering program management.
- Viewpoint. Clarke, Richard L. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Apr95, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p12
Opinion. Comments on House Speaker Newt Gingrich's proposal to reform Medicare and Medicaid. Belief of healthcare financial managers on the need for reform; Inefficiency of Medicaid in helping the poor; Proposal developed by the American Medical Association, the American Hospital Association...
- Research Issues: Dually Eligible Medicare and Medicaid Beneficiaries, Challenges and Opportunities. Clark, William D.; Hulbert, Melissa M. // Health Care Financing Review;Winter98, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p1
Describes the Medicare and Medicaid dually eligible beneficiaries. Definitions of dual eligibility; Background on the dually eligible beneficiaries; Conclusions.
- Evolution of Medicaid Coverage of Medicare Cost Sharing. Carpenter, Letty // Health Care Financing Review;Winter98, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p11
Examines the policy on dually eligible Medicare-Medicaid beneficiaries. Advantage for persons enrolled in Medicare under the buy-in administrative arrangement; Information on the qualified Medicare beneficiaries (QMB); Three changes in the Omnibus Budget and Reconciliation Act of 1989 (OBRA...
- Linked Data Analysis of Dually Eligible Beneficiaries in New England. Saucier, Paul; Bezanson, Lee; Booth, Maureen; Bratesman Jr., Stuart; Fralich, Julie T.; Gilden, Daniel; Goldstein, Elaina K.; O'Connor, Darlene; Perrone, Christopher V.; Willrich, Katharine K. // Health Care Financing Review;Winter98, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p91
Offers an analysis of linked Medicare/Medicaid data files from four New England States. Discussion on the New England States consortium initiative; Examination on the dually eligible beneficiaries in four states; Conclusions.
- Administrator's Decisions. // Health Care Financing Review;Winter2002, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p143
Presents lists of the Administrator/Deputy Administrator of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services' decisions rendered on review of Provider Reimbursement Review Board (PRRB) decision, and the PRRB decisions the Administrator elected not to review from July 1, 2002 to December 31, 2002 in...
- Fate of Medicare/Medicaid reform uncertain. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Dec95, Vol. 49 Issue 12, p5
Reports on the approval of proposals put forth by Congressional Republicans to change the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Budget reconciliation bill; Differences between the House and Senate bills.
- Medicare contractors, Medicaid funded through FY96. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Mar96, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p5
Reports on an agreement reached by US Congress and President Bill Clinton on the funding of Medicare and Medicaid programs through September 30, 1996. Appropriation of funds for programs through fiscal year 1996 (FY96) at the lower of either the FY95 level or the level approved by the House for...