SYMPOSIUM ON DEREGULATION AND GLOBALIZATION: INTRODUCTION
- Globalisation of telecoms - the European dimension. Gannon, Paul // Euronet;Sep2001, Issue 15, p30
Focuses on the effects of deregulation and the increase in foreign investment on the globalization of telecommunications in Europe. Issuance of the government of operating license to foreign investors; Refusal of government to integrate telecommunication markets; Impact of 3G licenses on crisis...
- Global security processing: global headaches? Smith, Alec // ABA Banking Journal;Mar1989, Vol. 81 Issue 3, p56
Focuses on the impact of deregulation on global securities market. Aid provided by world capital market deregulation for investments; Concept of securities market globalization; Pros and cons of globalization.
- Thai Foreign Policy in the Global Age: Principle or Profit? Snitwongse, Kusuma // Contemporary Southeast Asia: A Journal of International & Strate;Aug2001, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p189
Focuses on the challenge impose by globalization to the foreign policy of Thailand. Effects of the deregulation and capital account on cash inflows; Inability of the Thailand government to prevent pragmatism; Dilemma in choosing between principle and profit due to the complexity of...
- The Faces of Globalization: The Recovered Factories Movement of Argentina. Arem, Hannah E. // Frontiers: The Interdisciplinary Journal of Study Abroad;Spring2008, Vol. 16, p63
The article presents a study on the manifestations of the globalization process in the developing world including economic deregulation, privatization, and structural adjustment policies. The origin and the factors shaping the movement of recovered factories in Argentina, as well as its...
- Disinflation: An Unsung Benefit of Globalization? Rogoff, Kenneth S. // Finance & Development;Dec2003, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p54
Discusses the pros and cons of globalization. Occurence of deregulation and privatization; Increase of inflation; Improvement of productivity.
- 52 Week Range: 0.018 - 122.00. // Siliconindia;May2002, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p17
Focuses on global telecommunication carrier Global Crossing Ltd. Deregulation of the telecommunications industry; Overview of the company's operation; Reasons for the company's overseas problems.
- Architects of the new age. Hemphill, Mark W. // Trains;Jan2001, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p42
Presents the arguments raised by railroad executives about the condition of the railroad industry in the United States, in a discussion sponsored by the company Amtrak Mail & Express on September 17, 2000. Deregulation of the industry; Comparison with trucking business; Role of the industry in...
- Part 3 Trends in Transnational Organised Crime in the Asia Pacific. Yui, Michael // Defence Review Asia;Nov2010, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p48
The article discusses the expansion of an organised crime in Australia. The crime was caused by the convergence of international trade due to global financial deregulation, globalisation and the emergence of new of new technologies like cargo tracking, containerisation, and high grade commercial...
- A Model of E-Learning for Encouraging Innovation in Small and Micro Tourism Enterprises within Europe. Baruchelli, Paola; Calzà, Diego; Cattani, Claudia; Dorigati, Giovanna; Stead, Hayley; Jacucci, Gianni // Information & Communication Technologies in Tourism 2002: Procee;2002, p246
Small and micro tourism enterprises are living in a new situation, a market where consumer demands come from individual expression and differentiation, with greater emphasis than hitherto on quality and value for money, where globalisation, deregulation and liberalisation, and environmental...