Human Primordial Stem Cells
- Good Intentions. Morgan Capron, Alexander // Hastings Center Report;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p26
Discusses the role of intentions in biomedical research of human stem cells. Approval of the Omnibus Consolidated and Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act (OCESAA); Success in culturing human stem cells announced by James Thomson and John Gearhat at Johns Hopkins University; Legality of...
- Better CMV medications urged for haploidentical stem cell transplant patients. // Infectious Disease News;Nov2013, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p40
The article discusses research being done on the use of prophylaxis in patients before haploidentical stem cell transplantation, which references a study by E. Shmueli published in a 2013 issue of the "Journal of Infectious Diseases."
- C. Hypertension and Systemic Disease. // Kidney;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p69
Presents abstracts of medical research. "Mycophenolate Mofetil or Intravenous Cyclophosphamide for Lupus Nephritis"; "Improved Survival in HIV-Infected African-Americans With ESRD"; "Renal Response After High-Dose Melphalan and Stem Cell Transplantation is a Favorable Marker in Patients With...
- INSTITUTE IN PHILADELPHIA TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLINICAL TRIAL. // Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness;May2012, Vol. 106 Issue 5, p315
No abstract available.
- Neural Stem Cell Success. // American Scientist;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 101 Issue 1, p29
The article discusses a clinical trial in which neural stem cells were implanted into the brains of young boys to produce myelin and increase motor function suffering as the result of a chromosome disorder.
- GROWING A NEW YOU. BARTH, AMY // Discover;Mar2012, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p11
The article discusses research in regenerative medicine including the growth of bladders from baboon bone marrow stem cells, a synthetic windpipe grown using a patient's stem cells, and the regeneration of tissue using proteins from a pig's bladder.
- A Comparison of Allografting with Autografting for Newly Diagnosed Myeloma. Bruno, Benedetto; Rotta, Marcello; Patriarca, Francesca; Mordini, Nicola; Allione, Bernardino; Carnevale-Schianca, Fabrizio; Giaccone, Luisa; Sorasio, Roberto; Omed�, Paola; Baldi, Ileana; Bringhen, Sara; Massaia, Massimo; Aglietta, Massimo; Levis, Alessandro; Gallamini, Andrea; Fanin, Renato; Palumbo, Antonio; Storb, Rainer; Ciccone, Giovannino; Boccadoro, Mario // New England Journal of Medicine;3/15/2007, Vol. 356 Issue 11, p1110
Background In this trial of the treatment of newly diagnosed multiple myeloma, we compared a protocol that entailed a hematopoietic stem-cell autograft followed by an allograft from an HLA-identical sibling with a protocol of tandem autografts. Methods We enrolled 162 consecutive patients with...
- Haematopoetic stem cells in MS. // Multiple Sclerosis (13524585);Sep2007 Supplement 2, Vol. 13, pS21
The article presents abstracts of medical research which include "Animal studies with haematopoetic and non-haematopoetic bone marrow-derived stem cells: their properties and the scientific basis for clinical applications in multiple sclerosis (MS)," "Present status of hematopoietic stem cells...
- Fair Access to Stem Cells. Holland, Suzanne // Hastings Center Report;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p3
Comments on the article "Public Stem Cell Banks: Considerations of Justice in Stem Cell Research," which addressed the issue of social justice in stem cell line access. Strategies for arriving at just access to stem cell therapies; Limitation of the organ donation system; Appeal of feminist...